About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Star 2 in bedroom

Hello Cecil,
First of all I want to thank you for all the advices and compliment you guys on how great this site is.
This is really a continuation of the "Health&Family in bathroom" topic from general advice. I applied the 8 house theory to my apartment to both sections of my apartment(I have an L shaped apt. with a long rectangular which comprises of the living, dining room and kitchen plus a closet and a smaller almost square shape section which includes the bedroom, bathroom and walk in closet) and then went ahead and did a flying star chart. You were right, I do have a star(2) base with 4 & 7 as accompanying numbers in a section of my bedroom(other sections are influenced by other stars since the bedroom takes up most of the space of the square shape mentioned above). I noticed that the north line(associated with Star2) crosses my bed. The solution would be to use metal... but how much and how should I do it considering that the bedroom is a notorious place for storing wooden furniture? Should I fill the furniture with metal objects? Can I put metal objects under the bed?
The star report mentions that, for example, 4 & 7 is an inauspicious combination; however, the explanation of their combination is a positive one(wealth and romance gains). Could you explain? Am I going to lose the effect of the combination if I use neutralizing elements?
In addition, star(5) with 1 & 4 is located on the SE of my bedroom. Solution is Metal. And the report suggests to activate the Mountain Star. Should this object be made of the neutralizing element, in this case Metal?
Is flying star more accurate than 8 house even if they somewhat contradict each other?
Please forgive the lengthy descriptions and questions. Once again, Thank You Very Much.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear David,
Please see below:-

On 11/29/99 4:55:30 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Hello Cecil,
First of all I want to thank
you for all the advices and
compliment you guys on how
great this site is.

Glad you find this site useful.

This is really a continuation
of the "Health&Family in
bathroom" topic from general
advice. I applied the 8 house
theory to my apartment to both
sections of my apartment(I
have an L shaped apt. with a
long rectangular which
comprises of the living,
dining room and kitchen plus a
closet and a smaller almost
square shape section which
includes the bedroom, bathroom
and walk in closet) and then
went ahead and did a flying
star chart. You were right, I
do have a star(2) base with 4
& 7 as accompanying numbers in
a section of my bedroom(other
sections are influenced by
other stars since the bedroom
takes up most of the space of
the square shape mentioned
above). I noticed that the
north line(associated with
Star2) crosses my bed. The
solution would be to use
metal... but how much and how
should I do it considering
that the bedroom is a
notorious place for storing
wooden furniture? Should I
fill the furniture with metal
objects? Can I put metal
objects under the bed?

Feng Shui is all about balance. When an "anomaly" or an imbalance has been detected, one important thing to remember is that one must use the right `cure' for the right situation.
Here, it is best to `convert' the numbers to their element and its strength. You need to relate it to the Five Element.
For example, No. 2 signifies " Strong Earth ".
Under the Five Element Concept, you then need to control this element. The clue here is " Earth " and " Strong ".
1. Look for yourself, the Destructive Cycle under the Five Elements
Ref: http://www.geomancy.net/fs/5element.htm
Here, you will notice that Metal exhausts earth.
2. In order for you to neutralise a Strong Element, you need to use an element of equal Strength i.e. Strong ... " something ".
Piece together : Para 1 and 2 and you then find that the most effective cure is to use Strong Metal.
If you understand that there are metal comes in two forms:-
Small Metal and Strong Metal.
Strong Metal is represented by 6 coins.
This is how, we come to the `conclusion' as to the use of 6 coins.
We can then understand that, why the Flying Star Feng Shui is `powerful'. It is because, it is used to analyse and `cure' a situation.
In your case, where possible, purchase 6 Chinese copper coins tied with a red string together. Alternatively, scotched tape them on a red paper. Red is to control the metal element.
Try your best to hang it on the wall behind your head or on the ceiling. (Caution.. do not let it fall and hurt you). By the way, Blue Tag is quite effective.

The star report mentions that,
for example, 4 & 7 is an
inauspicious combination;
however, the explanation of
their combination is a
positive one(wealth and
romance gains). Could you
explain? Am I going to lose
the effect of the combination
if I use neutralizing
elements?

What are element 4 and 7?
For example, 4 is small wood and 7 is small metal.
4-7
Romance is in control. There is Wealth and Romance gains during this period.
The above is good combinations.
The reason why it is still considered inauspicious is because, here Base 2 is a Strong Earth element. While 7 is Small metal.
Under Traditional Feng Shui, even if small metal is good to `control' earth, it is still too weak to control Strong Earth.
You need Strong Metal rather than small metal.
Hope the above helps.

In addition, star(5) with 1 &
4 is located on the SE of my
bedroom. Solution is Metal.

Here, it is best to analyse using the same method of analysis.

And the report suggests to
activate the Mountain Star.
Should this object be made of
the neutralizing element, in
this case Metal?

A mountain star can be independent of the neutralizing element. Remember that Feng Shui is about balance.
If you use 6 coins, it is best not to increase the Metal element e.g. using a solid metal object. Even when using 6 coins or Big metal, remember that I had advised on the use of a red string or thread or a red piece of backing paper to control Metal.
Many people who do not really understand Feng Shui, and over do Feng Shui will cause an imbalance and it eventually does more harm than good.

Is flying star more accurate
than 8 house even if they
somewhat contradict each
other?

No, if one understands the purpose of each concept, one will not find each contradict the other.
For example, if one understands the Flying Star Theory `completely' one will understand that it is only used to analyse the Birth Chart of the House (without any reference to the breadwinner).
Here, you can have a perfect house that fits is considered an excellent Flying Star House.
What is the use, if it is not suitable for the particular breadwinner. This is where the Eight house is used to see whether the house is auspicious to the specific person.
Hope you can see the flow of the above relationship.
Each Feng Shui Theory or concept was created for a specific purpose. One should not see Feng Shui concepts through a narrow tunnel or 2D flat surface. But rather, look at Feng Shui from a 3D perspective.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net