About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Clarification on Eight House Theroy

Lizbeth

Could you just clarify a couple of points for me? I am new to FS. Referring to the Eight-House Chart, and The Eight-Associate Directions Chart. The Eight-House Chart gives 4 good directions, which includes Prosperity, and Health. Mine are: South/Prosperity, North/Health, SouthEast/ Longevity, East/ Excellent. Do these areas apply purely to the direction you personally move around in, or are they also specific to curtain areas of your home. (I.e. If the 8 House Chart says, South equals Prosperity, and the 8 Associations Directions Chart say South/East equals Prosperity, which area of the house is the prosperity area of my home? I am a little confused between the application of the two charts. I realise the Flying Star delves deeper into the significance of the home.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
1. For the Eight House Template, you should consider three main uses of it:
1.1 To determine how suitable are you to the house.
If the death or disaster line flows thru the main entrance door, this means that the house is under Eight House Theory, not suitable to you.
1.2 Check what is the intangible force affecting your bedroom.
1.3 Especially at work, this theory provides a guide as to the best facing direction.
The above are the main uses of the Eight House Theory. Other than that it has `severe' limitations.
It cannot be used as a `cure' as it is not linked to the Five Element Concepts unlike the Flying Star which using the Five Elements concept to check for imbalances in a sector and this is where, it can be used to understand and neutralise the `problem'.
However, the Flying Star is not a "cure all". It is used to map out the birth chart of a house. If a house has been found to be very auspicious, it does not mean that it is suited to everyone. Here, the Eight House Theory is used to see if there is a `fit' between the house and the person.
Pillars of Destiny, especially the element and its strength e.g. a Strong Fire person is further used inconjunction with the Flying Star to further fine tune "a cure".
Again, the above cannot live in isolation. Shapes and Form School of Feng Shui has to be used especially to do an environmental scanning such as inauspicious to have a water position behind the house.
1.4 The Eight Associations or Life Aspirations is based on the interpretation of each Gua and their significance.
This is really considered `kindergarden' Feng Shui.
It is meant to highlight the relationship of each sector.
If we look closely at the Eight House Theory, it is personalised to an individual even if it takes into account a person's Year of birth chart.
However, the Eight Associations has no merits because it is generally applied to every single person without personalization. Therefore, if one insists on using it, should do so after one has completed other Feng Shui audits using Flying Star, Eight House etc... Then if one is too free or nothing better to do, use the Eight Associations.
We have shown the Eight Associations on the free Eight House report as it is still a valid Feng Shui interpretation of the Gua numbers but also added a caution on the report.
Many people in the West, found that it is so simple to draw a trigram with the Eight Associations and within a short while start a practise using the Eight Associations or close to it the Fixed Template method. This gives Feng Shui a bad name.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 12/7/99 5:15:35 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Could you just clarify a
couple of points for me? I am
new to FS. Referring to the
Eight-House Chart, and The
Eight-Associate Directions
Chart. The Eight-House Chart
gives 4 good directions, which
includes Prosperity, and
Health. Mine are: