About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Outdoor Area

myfs_157890

Hi,
I have a few questions about organising the feng shui of the house and the outdoor patio area.

I recently had a roof put over the back of the house.

Question 1:
How will the feng shui be affected if I enclose the whole area with a security grille like the one in the photo I attached?
Question 2:
I
was thinking of putting the barbecue kettle and possibly a second stove
as illustrated in the diagram attached. Is this a good idea near the
back door? If not, where would you recommend to put the barbecue?
What are the implications for both choices and are there any things I might do to remedy?

Sponsored Link

• Staff

You wrote: Question 1: How will the feng shui be affected if I enclose the whole area with a security grille like the one in the photo I attached?
There are two schools of Feng Shui:
1. Shapes and Forms.
From your sketch, via a top-down view or helicopter view; the outline still looks rectangular.
2. Compass School Feng Shui : Flying Star
One should still consider the enclosed living quarters when plotting a flying star chart. And often it is easier to focus specifically on the living quarters (excluding the outdoors).
But Flying Star chart can be extended and used to look at any features that some may want to add e.g. in the new outdoor area. For example, some are eyeing a water feature. Can this be placed. The answer can be gotten from the Flying Star chart.
Question 2:
I was thinking of putting the barbecue kettle and possibly a second stove as illustrated in the diagram attached. Is this a good idea near the back door? If not, where would you recommend to put the barbecue?
In general, for practical reasons; many homes have both a wet (outside) and dry kitchen in a home. Thus it is not uncommon to have two sets of stove both in the dry and wet kitchen.
Ideally, the more crucial stove is that in the dry kitchen. And preferred that it is in a good position (often suitable to the Eight House chart of the lady of the house). Some other rule-set or guidelines are further considered such as stove does not clash with a water position; stove should not bedirectly below the 2nd storey sewerage pipe (for homes that are 2nd or more levels high etc...)
For the outdoor stove; however, it is often based more on common sense. For example, as it is outdoors; wind must be considered as it may either cause flame-out or if one stands at the stove; the wind vortex should not like bring the flame towards the person cooking, there. This is the major consideration for an outdoor stove or any equipment that has a fire element in them.

On 9/7/2013 2:30:41 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi,I have a few questions
about organising the feng shui
of the house and the outdoor
patio area.I recently had a
roof put over the back of the
house.Question 1:How will the
feng shui be affected if I
enclose the whole area with a
security grille like the one
in the photo I
attached?Question 2:I