About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Year 2000 for Kitchen in the West.

carynk

Hi ,
l am staying in a little apartment .My house door opened at Southeast which is no 8 in the Lo Shu grid for 2000.A long wooden dining table is situated in South (4), Southwest (6) is my third room , which have a window facing the kitchen ( hence, it is a guest room and reading room ) .
Number 7 and 9 is my living room , l place my T.V in the East (7) and sofa at (9) which is the center of the house .
West (2) is my kitchen , which worried me the most .
Northeast(3) is empty , , North (5) is the 2nd bedroom , and Northwest (1) is my Master bedroom ( both room have a window over seeing a large playground , which is very airy , ).
l had some problem with placing my stove in my kitchen , if l would have to draw another Lo Shu grid for my kitchen itself , the door is opened at Southeast (8) , South (4) is a long cabinet with rice cooker and slow cooker . Southwest (6) is empty , but there is where my 3rd room"s window facing.
East (7) is my fridge , and a long table top from (7) to (9) the center and the tap is at (9) facing South ( no fire element directly opposite the tap ). West (2) is empty at this moment . l placed my gas stove at the Northwest(1) , facing (6).
Northeast (3) and North (5) is my toilet ( not sharing the same door as the kitchen , door opened from the living room ). If l don;t consider (3) and (5) as my toilet , then it would be the missing corner of my kitchen.
Now , my question is where should l place my gas stove ?? Northwest (1) is believe to be "Heavenly gate " and the West (2) is "gold" . it is not proper to place the stove in Northwest and West as well. ( correct me if l'm wrong ).
it is only Southwest (6) left , but it is where my window is , it is not practical to close up the window.
Other then (6),(2) and (1) , there is nowhere else to place the stove , l really hope you can advice me what to do .
Can l place my stove in the Northwest facing (6)??
If l pace my stove in the west (2) , then it will be facing my tap at (9).
The length of the kitchen is only 9ft X 9ft. My gas stove is already 3ft . It is really hard for me to plan.
l hope this email is clear enough and it doesn't confuse you.
Thank you.
CK

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
1. Under the Flying Star Theory, one has to look at the top two stars in addition to the base star.
One should not look just at the base star in isolation. For example, you mentioned that (2) is at West in the kitchen.
Under the Flying Star Theory, one has to look at the relationship between the two stars e.g. mountain and water star and relate this to the base star.
If for example one element for the water star is `bad' and it is helped by another element that assists the bad star e.g. water assists wood and in turn there is a sickness star at the base, one has to analyse all three and come up with a solution to balance it. E.g. introducing fire element to counter the water/wood bad sector.
One should not simply `pluck' a number and look at it in isolation.
Sometimes, even if the base number is `bad' but if the mountain and water star numbers are good, it may have the strength to neutralise it.
2. In the kitchen, priority should be given to Shapes and form Feng Shui. Some important considerations are:-
1. If the knobs of the stove are not pointing skywards but at the side, it should preferably face inwards from the main entrance door. To keep the warmth.
2. Another consideration is that there should be an `island' or separation between it and water positions.
If the kitchen is at the North, one should not allow it to face a water position. As the North is of the water element and the significance is that it is harder to retain the `heat/warmth' at this location and a water position opposite the stove will die off.
Contrast this to the kitchen at the South (Fire). At this location, one can still place a water position e.g. a frige opposite it to cool the heat at this location.
3. In "modern" Feng Shui, one should be concerned for the above rather than `crack' our heads as to the position of the stove etc...
4. More attention should instead be placed at the bedroom and the main entrance locations.
Unless one uses the kitchen for business, one need not spent so much time at it.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 12/18/99 2:50:21 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi ,
l am staying in a little
apartment .My house door
opened at Southeast which is
no 8 in the Lo Shu grid for
2000.A long wooden dining
table is situated in South
(4), Southwest (6) is my third
room , which have a window