• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sponsored Link
cammydee

Help in applying feng shui in an apartment

5 posts in this topic

Hello master,

I'm from Eastern Europe, I am a feng shui enthusiast and amateur and I have studied the art of feng shui for 8-9 years now. I came to understand a lot of things about feng shui, but not all of them, and I can't say that I know everything regarded to it and still trying to understand some aspects, that's why I wanted to ask for help from someone that knows this better, and verify if what I am doing is correct.

I’m practicing feng shui only for my family. I don’t do it and don’t talk about it with other people, because our culture is based on christianity and some look at feng shui with doubt, fear or skepticism.

I was raised by my parents in a different way and though I am a christian, asian culture always fascinated me and drew me in. I understood it and I believe that feng shui is about balance, energy, life.

I would truly appreciate your help and advice.

Me and my husband are going to move into our own apartment sometime in July, Till then the house is in renovation.

1. The house period

The building was build in 1974, so that makes it a period 6, but since we did renovations inside (breaking down a part of a wall to create a door, taking out flooring, etc.) did that means that we changed the apartment's energy to the period 8?

2.  The front/facing of the house

Since the apartment belongs to a condominium, the main door of the apartment is in the building’s shared hallway (only one door to enter the house). In front of the door is the staircase going up to the next floor.  Besides people going up and down the stairs, not that often, I consider this not to be the front of the house, because of the yin energy.

On the other hand I want to consider the front of the house the part that has the most windows, because that is the place where I can let the yang in. People are walking, sitting on benches talking, kinds playing, some cars moving.

The apartment has 4 windows on one side (2 bedrooms, living room and kitchen). The other window is from the bathroom and it is on another side, singular, very small and I will disregard that.

The side where the 4 windows are it is the front of the building where the main entrance into the building is located.

In this situation, is it correct to consider the front/facing of the apartment the one with the 4 windows?

3. Compass reading to determine the facing direction

I’m having trouble with this, because when I stay in the center of the house (the living room), pointing the compass at the windows, it shows me different results from 100 to 115 degrees. When I go in the other rooms to the left and right of the living room sometimes it shows me 90 or even 120 degrees.

The apartment is at the 2nd floor of a 5 story building and I took the directions inside the apartment.

Being that the compass oscilates above and below the line of 112,5 degrees where the line between East and Southeast is, I don’t know if the facing direction is E3 or SE1 and I don’t know how to accurately find the facing direction of the apartment.

I want to get this right because I know that the facing direction will influence the flying star chart with the water and mountain stars of the house.

In this situation, how can I get a good compass reading? Should I do a measuring standing outside the apartment in front of the building?

Thank you very much.

Sponsored Link

These are some considerations:

1. If in doubt, may have to draw both the Period 7 and Period 8 charts. In some instances, there are similarities

2. Should consider the side of the home with the most windows

3. My book on the use of compass includes the understanding that even in any country be it east europe or elsewhere, one can obtain a street directory: paper or soft copy and a protractor to check on the readings

Flying Stars - Using an Ordinary Compass - Book 1 2016-11-002.pdf

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

1. May I ask when considering different house periods the similarities that I will find are regarded of the interaction of the stars?

2. Ok

3. Thank you for the book. It is very comprehensive, easy to understand and I will try to apply all methods.

Also when doing the house's chart, how do I interpret the stars? Here I'm a bit confused.

If you are kind to see which one is correct.

4.1 Do I interpret the starts by their element and see what is their relation to each other (constructive, distructive etc.) and try to reconcile the elements through shapes and color?

Example 

If in E palace I find 7 as the governing, 2 as mountain and 5 as water.

2 and 5 fuel 7, but 7 needs to be exausted, meaning I have to implement water (shapes and colors).

But taking into consideration that they sit in E, implementing water will exhaust 7 and will fuel the E and the element from E will control 2 and 5, and avoid as much as possible fire element.

4.2 Interpret the relation of the governing star with the palace and annual and monthly stars.

Example

In SE I find star 2 as governing and 6 as mountain and 3 as water, 5 as annual and 8 as monthly.

In this case is best to avoid SE palace, because of 2 as governing and 5 as annual but that will influence the eldest daugther.

If activating mountain that is auspicious, then SE can be used.

And SE can be enhanced with wood, thus controling the governing star 2 and annual 5.

Or is there a another way to do this?

5 hours ago, cammydee said:

Also when doing the house's chart, how do I interpret the stars? Here I'm a bit confused.

If you are kind to see which one is correct.

4.1 Do I interpret the starts by their element and see what is their relation to each other (constructive, distructive etc.) and try to reconcile the elements through shapes and color?

Example 

If in E palace I find 7 as the governing, 2 as mountain and 5 as water.

2 and 5 fuel 7, but 7 needs to be exausted, meaning I have to implement water (shapes and colors).

But taking into consideration that they sit in E, implementing water will exhaust 7 and will fuel the E and the element from E will control 2 and 5, and avoid as much as possible fire element.

4.2 Interpret the relation of the governing star with the palace and annual and monthly stars.

Example

In SE I find star 2 as governing and 6 as mountain and 3 as water, 5 as annual and 8 as monthly.

In this case is best to avoid SE palace, because of 2 as governing and 5 as annual but that will influence the eldest daugther.

If activating mountain that is auspicious, then SE can be used.

And SE can be enhanced with wood, thus controling the governing star 2 and annual 5.

Or is there a another way to do this?

Seriously, the clue here is The Five Elements concept.

As both the Flying Stars and Ba Zi uses this concept.

Do a search in this forum for " Lowest common denominator". Unless one is versed in The Five Elements concept.. one will always be forever.. asking and asking how to interpret ...

Again the clue is:

#5 = big earth
#2 = weak earth etc.. etc...

One also has to use Ba zi or Four pillars .. eg.. is the person a weak water or strong water etc.. element..

If one is never ever going to understand and apply the above... no point keep on interpreting for that person..

Look at the chart below:-

1. Beside the word "FIVE ELEMENTS" = Lowest common denominator or L.C.M.:-

Five Elements concept.png

2. Flying stars e.g all numbers uses the Five Elements
3. Four Pillars or Ba Zi (Heaven Luck or born with) uses the Five Elements concept.

All the above use "The Five Elements" concept: "Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor