About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

What good are the 24 mountains?

myfs_163285

Hi,

I'm trying to get a handle on what the significance is of the 24 mountains. Every book lists them, and gives the compass points they relate to, but that's all I've seen. Are they really just names for the divisions of the compass, like the N1, N2, N3 alternatives, or is there something more to them? The name "24 mountains" makes them sound very important, but I'm not seeing how they have any importance. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Sponsored Link

• Staff

A compass has 360 degrees.

360 degrees divided by 15 degrees = 24 sectors.

In order to use this Feng Shui module or concept: one has to “slot” a home or premise into one of the 24 sectors or within each 15 degrees. 

Frankly, on the application of this theory, please go and understand Flying Star Feng Shui.

If one is interested in this. Else, leave it alone. 

Drawing a parallel, a collector’s coin has to be graded. A diamond also can be graded. 

Under this form of Feng Shui; roughly this is quite similar to trying to use a formular to “grade”  a home or premises.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Thank you. Yes, I am trying to learn Flying Star. I would have posted the question in that forum, but there has been no activity there in over a year.

So, they are simply names for segments of the compass. That's fine. I was simply led to believe there was more significance to them. And one "expert" introduced new names for the mountains within the five-yellow star, which made it very confusing.

If I may, I have another related question: how does one get an accurate compass reading of a building's facing direction? The instructions I've seen simply say to stand in the doorway, or outside the doorway, facing out of or away from the building, and point the compass in the direction you're facing. But, that's incredibly inaccurate for something so important.

I tried on my house, using both a top quality magnetic compass and the compass app on my phone. They didn't agree, or even come close. So, I took readings at found spots with each device, pressing them against the inside of the front door and the wall beside the door, which should give the most accurate readings, I would think. I got 8 different readings. The 4 phone compass readings averaged 339 and the 4 magnetic compass readings averaged 346.5, so I'm calling my house a Jen/Ren/N1 house, based on those. But, 2 of the readings were outside that range, and would have made the house a Hai or NW3 house. Is it always like this?

• Staff

Part 1:

You wrote: "So, they are simply names for segments of the compass. That's fine. I was simply led to believe there was more significance to them. And one "expert" introduced new names for the mountains within the five-yellow star, which made it very confusing. "

1. As you have mentioned, if you intend to study Flying Stars; it is basicially or the starting point is ploting a chart of 9 grids. Some geomancers thus use a more flowery language. And the instead of the above 9 grids. They called it " 9 Palaces" and after ploting the chart locate the five-yellow star, the purple star.

2. Frankly, you have to be patient and sometimes read not one but more than one book on Feng Shui.

3. This school of Feng Shui has evolved and even cross borders and modified. For example:-

4. Traditional Feng Shui began in China. And what is often found here (Geomancy.net) and many pure Chinese systems is based on Flying Star Feng Shui.

5. A thousand years ago, Traditional Feng Shui was exported to Japan. And they modified it to this 9-Star ki system. A few practitioners in Japan adopted this and that is why what you mentioned above is a VARIANT of the original Traditional Chinese Feng Shui.

6. That is why cannot blame you for being confused.