About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Are there any women judges and lawyers in china

muffin_99

Dear cecil,
Are there any women lawyer and judges in china. I know these questions might sound trivial to you but I am curious to know to know how far chinese women have progressed. Since whenever something is shown about china
in News usually it is big political celebration with all men and children in cultural celebration. Thanks.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
In a recent documentary on Chinese law being carried out on TV, I was trying to see if there were any Chinese Judge or Lawyer.
So far, I was not able to sight a woman as a Judge or a lawyer in the episode.
In this episode, I saw cases of Chinese citizens been tried. For example, this person who stole a notebook computer from his multinational company. He later confessed and pleaded guilty. He was sent to three years jail for the offence.
I believe, looking thru the episode, and did not recall seeing a women in such a prominent role as a Judge or Lawyer.
But Chinese women do play a significant influence (some include) the notorious Chinese Empress Dowager.
Even Ex Chairm Mao's wife, Jiang Jing (the famous gang of four), tried to take control of Chinese politics after his death. Apparently, she committed suicide in jail.
With such a big population, it is inconceivable that there will be women who will hold high positions. I believe there are.
*JOKE* I am not too keen to find out because, it is too late if one runs foul of law in China, I wonder, if I can still login to this forum:)
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 1/14/00 3:00:33 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear cecil,
Are there any women lawyer and
judges in china. I know these
questions might sound trivial
to you but I am curious to
know to know how far chinese
women have progressed. Since
whenever something is shown
about china