About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

I think chinese astrology should be discussed in detail on the forum

Dear cecil,
I think the chinese astrology should be discussed in detail on forum. Since most people are not that familiar with pillar of destiny as they are with Western astrology for finding the future. And chinese astrology is closer to Western astrology compared to pillar of destiny. And most books and sites promote chinese astrology and its confusing to the readers who are not proficient in either of them.
I like to read what the coming year hold for me and whenever I read the chinese astrology I feel completely confused e.g. It says that the coming year is not that good for me and that metallic colors and yellow colors will bring luck to me. And it gives me month by month analysis of events And when I look at my pillars I get confused since it just mentions that the year is good and make use of good luck with earth and wood. Pillars don't give me any indication of events which will be unfolding and what should I avoid ietc. So you see I want the best of both worlds since as we all know every human being wants to know what will happen in future and what the tomorrow will bring. Would like to know your views on this. Thanks.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
As you have correctly mentioned Chinese astrology can be quite `similar' in its approach with say the Western Astrology.
The reason why, we do not want to discuss Chinese astrology at the moment is because most of the `analysis' done e.g. predictions in books are all based only on one's Year of birth.
This is like comparing apples with oranges. Here, Pillars of Destiny (which is not Chinese Astrology) uses not `4 pillars' i.e. Year, Month, Day and Time.
So how can we compare the `prediction' of Pillars of Destiny with a basic Chinese Astrology `chart' based on just the year of birth.
Furthermore, we have added two more pillars of destiny into version 8.
In addition, all Feng Shui materials under this website is based soely on the Five elements concept to allow easy reference between all different report analysis. This is comparing an orange with an orange.
I have also mentioned that the terms of reference for this site is to use the best tools available for Feng Shui.
Here, one has to take note that currently, I only use the element and its strenght plus check the season of influence under the Luck Pillars for reference in Feng Shui.
I cannot help it if one wants to find out their fortune. Pillars of Destiny comes standard with such a module.
I have already stated clearly that I am not a fortune teller. My rationale is that if a forutne teller can be so good as to tell his or her fortune, why does he/she needs to earn a living telling their fortune.
Traditional Feng Shui is different from destiny(fortune telling). I am keen to continue to learn as much as I can in this area.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 1/21/00 2:47:48 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear cecil,
I think the chinese astrology
should be discussed in detail
on forum. Since most people
are not that familiar with
pillar of destiny as they are
with Western astrology for
finding the future. And
chinese astrology is closer to