About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

3 Doors in Straight Alignment

raygoh65

IMG_20220704_204327.thumb.jpg.8f1f92d60fa919905f8ebcc758f1e20f.jpgMy main door, kitchen entrance door and door of utility room are all in a straight line. Please see attached floor plan for a better understanding. 

Is installing a curtain in the middle or back door alright to rectify the issue ? If yes, any requirements on the types of curtains? Please help me with your professional opinion and advice. 

Thank you Master.

Most appreciated.

Raymond

Edited by raygoh65

Sponsored Link

• Staff
On 7/4/2022 at 8:50 PM, raygoh65 said:

IMG_20220704_204327.thumb.jpg.8f1f92d60fa919905f8ebcc758f1e20f.jpgMy main door, kitchen entrance door and door of utility room are all in a straight line. Please see attached floor plan for a better understanding. 

Is installing a curtain in the middle or back door alright to rectify the issue ? If yes, any requirements on the types of curtains? Please help me with your professional opinion and advice. 

Thank you Master.

Most appreciated.

Raymond

CASE STUDY 1: THREE DOORS IN A STRAIGHT LINE

1. Frankly, this is not perfect but it is not like the "end of the world".

2. More of a concern is to avoid qi flowing in a straight path from front door towards marking in pink A.

3. The easiest to avoid such a situation is to permanently close this window at "A" or max opening is 45 degrees. Alternatively, close the utility door when not in use.

1626599507_DOORSINASTRAIGHTLINE1.png.42319bb991c76b5e549e63ab60a89715.png

CASE STUDY 2: AVOID A DIRECT PATH FOR QI FOR FLOW FROM C TO D

1. More often, many new residents of this design flat would remove the middle partition (or add sliding panels) and often also install sliding glass panels at the common corridor area / living room.

2. In the past, with a small opening from the living room towards the kitchen, there is no possibility of a straight path as shown in the sample below of qi flowing from C to D or vice-versa.

3. This is of a concern then that found under Case Study 1.

image.png.05cb533b5c438b5087df8712ebe63979.png

4. Often, a new owner would replace the windows at C with sliding panels. And either keep casement windows at D or also changed them to sliding panels.

4.1. Do make sure that if one side of the (sliding) windows is open, directly opposite e.g. C to D, D is closed or opened no more than 45 degrees (if it was a casement window).

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Thank you Master Cecil Lee for your detailed information. 

I noted on the suggestions for case study 1.

As for case study 2, only a very small part of my casement windows at the living room are in straight line with the sliding window at the kitchen; I will not open the part of the casement window next to main door or open not more than 45 degrees. 

Once again, tks a lot for your help. 

• Staff

TRIVIA
DO YOU KNOW THAT THE TWO MAJOR OPENINGS ARE FENG SHUI RULER FRIENDLY?

A. Both the opening as well as the total width of the Front Door frame use Feng Shui Ruler friendly measurements.

786006614_COMMONKNOWLEDGE.png.5e57056f935d7bf345dd0dbad16aa3d1.png

B. The partition width between the living room and kitchen are of also Feng Shui Ruler friendly for prestine untouched/ unmodified units.

WHY SO?

1. Especially for the front door and frame, most likely the supplier of such doors sold them based on Feng Shui Ruler friendly measurements. I believe it is not so much  by the architect who had designed these flats.

2.  As for the opening between the Living Room and Kitchen, this is much harder to figure out. Given that the opening dimensions must have been provided by the architect / designer of such flats. 

Hi Master, I was only advised during renovation that my kitchen entrance door should not be higher than the height of the main door. I complied to that. Can u please advise me what about the width and other measurements that i should be concern about too? Many thanks

• Staff
24 minutes ago, raygoh65 said:

Hi Master, I was only advised during renovation that my kitchen entrance door should not be higher than the height of the main door. I complied to that. Can u please advise me what about the width and other measurements that i should be concern about too? Many thanks

Frankly, for smaller homes such as apartments, such things are considered as nice-to. But not a must-have.

Under a cost benefit analysis, higher weight age goes to the following:-

Focus is more of the Shapes and Forms and especially for the interior, many apply both the Flying Stars and Eight House as well as Ba zi Feng Shui.

This is the reason why there are few discussions if any on Feng Shui improvements related to dimensions of openings in a home.

Here, like the above Trivia, good if house have Feng Shui Ruler dimensions. But need not break an arm or leg to have it.

For example, many new homes, especially that of condos & ECs, use metric eg 1 metre width doors etc…

Good thing is that major or all kitchen cabinets go by a 2 feet (60cm) Auspicious widths…