About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Poison Arrows & Tian Zhan Sha

klim

Hi Master Lee,

I would like to seek your advice on whether this unit is subject to poison arrows and/or tian zhan sha from the buildings opposite? The photo is taken from the balcony, which is perpendicular to the blocks on the left. The second photo shows the view out one of the bedrooms, which faces the opposite blocks on the left.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The balcony is facing East, main door facing north. I wonder if you have any advice on whether this is ok, and are there any issues to look out for? 

Thank you!

Sponsored Link

• Staff

These are some considerations:

1. Notice, I added a A and B (pink) line to your photo. You will soon find out why so?

1325127188_HIGHNLOWPRESSURE2.png.8414430e42af9219f0d9cbb3858cc75e.png

2. Frankly it depends on where this development is. And there is a higher chance if this gap is close to this A to B or vice-versa alignment:-

2.1. This is because in the East Coast area, it is affected more by the daily high and low pressure zones depending on the time of day.

2.2. Often the high or low pressure zones changes and more prominent between land and sea. Thus at the East Coast area, it is more likely for wind to flow from North to South or vice-versa depending on whether the sea is at low pressure (zone) vs high pressure (zone) in-land.

472906694_HIGHNLOWPRESSURE.thumb.png.19bd0293724ab31d072031add30a746f.png

3. For the West Coast area e.g. The Trilinq often the wind flow is more of a West / SW vs East / NE direction. 

2069497366_HIGHNLOWPRESSURE1.thumb.png.2b19e53d23a617d2c3ae258854f4eed3.png

4. Thus the photo you provided has the most impact if at any time it's A to B (in red) is more or less or close to the A to B as found either say for the East Coast or West Coast map:-

1325127188_HIGHNLOWPRESSURE2.png.8414430e42af9219f0d9cbb3858cc75e.png

5. Personally, or IN GENERAL, I find it less distinct at places like Seng Kang for developments like The Luxurie or La Fiesta. As these two developments also seems to have some blocks/stacks that could become a Tian Zhan Sha.

5.1. However, I might add that it also depends on the season. For example during certain times of the year, of the NE monsoon, (especially areas like Punggol, Seng Kang and even as far as Pasir Ris) in some years, Seng Kang / Seletar although a distance away from the sea (vs Punggol), there were instances that some residents e.g. landed enclave or units with Personal Enclosed Space (ground floor) found their potted plants blown towards the ground.

6. Since the seller's agent (who does not stay there cannot give proper advice on this, and one needs a pinch of salt to ask the seller, in doubt, unfortunately, one may have to stay away from such developments in the unfortunate event of e.g climate change and /or constant windy conditions leading to Tian Zhan Sha situation. Else, take a high calculated risk! Okay, I understand.. the price is right! But if the price ain't "cheap" or there are others.. best to look at others.. instead. "Better safe than sorry".

P.S. From this one photo hard to say for sure whether there is a potential poison arrow or poison arrows, thus hard to comment, here.

Reference resource:

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Thanks so much Master Lee!

This is in Woodlands. Unit from Forestvillle looking into Bellewoods. I'm not familiar with the area, hence don't know the wind direction and like you mentioned, it will be hard to ask the seller or agent.

As for the poison arrows, I'm wondering if the building edges and sharp balcony corners are considered. Initially i thought the most obvious example would be when a building is titled and hence the corner directly points towards the unit. But as i tried researching more, i see photos where walls protuding may also be of an issue, hence i was worried about whether the building walls and balconies are an issue.

In fact, if the above is an issue, will this actually apply to all units that are facing another block (especially condos where blocks can be close by and there are balconies).

Thanks again, really appreciate your advice.

• Staff
1 hour ago, klim said:

Thanks so much Master Lee!

This is in Woodlands. Unit from Forestvillle looking into Bellewoods. I'm not familiar with the area, hence don't know the wind direction and like you mentioned, it will be hard to ask the seller or agent.

As for the poison arrows, I'm wondering if the building edges and sharp balcony corners are considered. Initially i thought the most obvious example would be when a building is titled and hence the corner directly points towards the unit. But as i tried researching more, i see photos where walls protuding may also be of an issue, hence i was worried about whether the building walls and balconies are an issue.

In fact, if the above is an issue, will this actually apply to all units that are facing another block (especially condos where blocks can be close by and there are balconies).

Thanks again, really appreciate your advice.

Another type of Sha Qi or poison arrow is as shown by this case study:

Partial Extract:

Part 7: Case Study 4 - Sha Qi and The Luxurie-La Fiesta condos with The Tapestry

1. La Fiesta is at the top half of the screen. And The Luxurie bottom half:

5aab03f315ebd_TheLuxuriewithLaFiesta.png.51aff79ccaf1439bfa059c2ef586dded.png

Reference…

Frankly, it is hard to determine just from the earlier photo. The most accurate is of course, physically present…

• 3 months later...

Hi, I’m looking at block 207C Punggol Sails. I’m keen on the unit. However, the main door is facing poison arrow. Is there any remedies or we should avoid buying this unit? Unit 962. Does the poison arrow applies to living room or other bedrooms as well?

7FA0FEC2-CA45-491D-9E4B-E39DD57C7422.jpeg

9F2A29C9-40B9-48FE-9930-279182ED3AEC.jpeg

• Staff
29 minutes ago, DiFi said:

Hi, I’m looking at block 207C Punggol Sails. I’m keen on the unit. However, the main door is facing poison arrow. Is there any remedies or we should avoid buying this unit? Unit 962. Does the poison arrow applies to living room or other bedrooms as well?

7FA0FEC2-CA45-491D-9E4B-E39DD57C7422.jpeg

9F2A29C9-40B9-48FE-9930-279182ED3AEC.jpeg

There seem to be a potential poison arrow as highlighted in red aimed towards the front door.

55FED2C5-254E-40EC-B6D1-039E5F615D53.thumb.jpeg.ef0673d00b89dc2c83c7ab733cada955.jpeg

Potential poison arrow(s) to living room or bedroom(s) usually come from external sources like neighbouring block’s sharp corners (if any).

Luckily in SG, all emergency exit doors must be closed. Else this unit’s front door seems to be facing the emergency stairs.

• Staff
1 hour ago, DiFi said:

Hi Master Lee, thank you for reverting. May i know if there is any remedies for poison arrow or should I avoid buying this unit? From the living room to bedrooms, it seems to be facing other block corner wall.97EC5385-0C76-47EC-9529-04CAF20F3754.thumb.jpeg.f075c61758583ae0d09c06823e74e792.jpeg529DE78E-17FB-419B-9994-84050C8416F5.thumb.jpeg.91a43fee492d0e3bde70e0bdf42b0218.jpeg

Yes, based on this photo, it does seem like there is a poison arrow aimed towards this opening.

Hopefully, if it is a bedroom window, easier to neutralise. More of a hassle if this is the living room opening.

The Science of Can or Cannot Buy:

A. How suitable is the house to breadwinner: Frontage, Kitchen and Main Bedroom = 30 marks

B. Internal Feng Shui: In essence how is this house’s Flying Stars = 35 marks

C. External Feng Shui such as some of the things you had pointed out = 35 marks.

Total = 100 marks!

As A. And B. are unknown, better pray hard that these two are also not below par or poor.

Or perhaps, if they are reasonably good, then no issue with the purchase.