About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Misc questions: kua no, dried plants etc..

carinatien

Dear Cecil,
1. I understand that everyone have a kua number and everyone have a set of sectors according to the directions in the house. eg. someone might have "health" sector at the north side of the house. What do we call this? Is there any name for that? How do we fully utilize the best sector. Eg. if my "health" sector is in the north, how do I make the best out of it?
2. I understand that decorating with dried flowers are no good for feng shui. Is this true?
3. Is it good for feng shui if we put our shoes at the doorway entrance?
4. Is is good to hang lots of floral pictures in the house?
5. Is is good for feng shui if we burnt scented candles in the house. I understand that Chinese relate candles to the dead or for prayer only.
6. If my husband's career sector is in the south of the house, how do I boost up his career path by utilizing this sector?
Thank you for your attention.
Carina

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Carina,
Please see below:-

On 2/22/00 1:26:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil,
1. I understand that
everyone have a kua number and
everyone have a set of sectors
according to the directions in
the house. eg. someone might
have "health" sector at the
north side of the house. What
do we call this? Is there any
name for that? How do we
fully utilize the best sector.
Eg. if my "health" sector is
in the north, how do I make
the best out of it?

This is classified under the Eight House Theory. Under the Eight House Theory, there are four good and four bad sectors.
The key essence of the Eight house is:
1. How suitable the house is to the person. Here, you can have excellent Flying Star but it need not necessary mean that it is the most suitable house to the person.
2. Best to sleep in a good sector i.e. bedroom is at a good sector. Here, since we sleep more than 6 or more hours, it is best to sleep in a good sector.
3. Other uses include sitting or facing a good direction. This is secondary to Para 1 and 2.
Many of us would love to `squeeze' more out of every conceivable `theory'. If the `terms' of reference is based on Para 1, 2 and 3, I cannot really imagine how are we going to make or (imagine) extracting more out of the theory?
If the toilet is at the `health' sector, it simply means that if you spent more time at a location of `health' influence the better. But wait, does this mean one must find an excuse to stay or live in the bath tub?
Is this logical. And many of us thing that everything has to do with Feng Shui. Is this being fair to FS?

2. I understand that
decorating with dried flowers
are no good for feng shui. Is
this true?

This has more to do with beliefs than Feng Shui. For example, some people find it taboo to walk under a ladder. (One logical reason is that something on top of it may fall down e.g. a bucket of paint) and spill over the person.

3. Is it good for feng shui
if we put our shoes at the
doorway entrance?

This one can be considered under Shapes and Form. Where possible, try best not to clutter the main entrance door area. As the main door is considered the `mouth' of the house.

4. Is is good to hang lots
of floral pictures in the
house?

This depends on the colours and thus could affect the element of the sector.

5. Is is good for feng shui
if we burnt scented candles in
the house. I understand that
Chinese relate candles to the
dead or for prayer only.

Feng Shui is about the balance of the five elements or at a higher level the Yin and yang concept.
If one talks about an element e.g. a triangle pyramid, it represents the fire element if we consider the form. We then see whether, e.g. under the Flying Star whether that sector is in balance or `out of balance' e.g. need to use metal to control earth (if the element is bad strong earth).
Para 4 and 5 are secondary and it is best to get the basics right. Feng Shui is not or cannot become a taboo.
If one has good Shapes and Form Feng Shui to begin with and relatively good Flying Star, one need not do more than that.
It is just like a CEO of a huge company, signing petty bills. He should delegate such things to his subordinate and pay more attention to important matters. There are more important things in life (life is so short) to pay attention to petty or `peanuts'.

6. If my husband's career
sector is in the south of the
house, how do I boost up his
career path by utilizing this
sector?

As mentioned in para 1 and 2. The `terms of reference' of the Eight House is based on good sectors.
If one uses other concepts e.g. Eight Associations/Aspirations or worse still using Black Hat Sect fixed template, imagine if everyone think the same way and try to boost their career path (not sure how did you deduce that it is at the south), would it work?
We have to be sensible in our approach in the use of Feng Shui. And it is certainly not a `cure all'.
The comments are not `aimed' you but I hope to be able to give a perspective that one must know the purpose behind each Feng Shui concept and use them based on their terms of reference.
If it is a belief, be it a Chinese or other religious belief, it is not fair to pin-point it to Feng Shui.
Currently, many practitioners consider the Flying Star Theory the `most powerful' theory because it relates closely to the Five elements.
Here, the base star plus the mountain and water stars are analysed in total per sector. Each of these stars are themselves an element.
Therefore, if there is a bad earth at the sector and it is aided by another element that aids it, Feng Shui practitioners would recommend anothe element to neutralise it. It is by looking at the relationship of elements at each sector is what real `cures' are about.
If it cannot be related to the five elements or at a higher level yin and yang, it is hard to give advise. This is why each of us have our true element and strength e.g. weak fire person. All these are factored in to look at a person and his interaction with the environment. Not something out of `thin' air.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net