About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Buddhist chinese people and occupation of Tibet

Dear cecil,
Its a political question. We will understand it if you decide not to answer it.
How do most free Buddhist chinese people feel about the occupation of Tibet and mistreatment of the monks and that the highest leader of the Buddhism the Dali lama is forced to live in exile. And what are they doing for the freedom of Tibet and protection of their religion. Thanks.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
As this forum is open to the public and easily accessible by anyone, it is not ideal to discuss `politics' since, my close relatives and myself need to travel to China.
In such a situation, it is `wise' or best not to antagonise the Chinese government in any way.
Thus my personal wish is that everything can be solved, `peacefully'.
I believe many overseas Chinese, share the same feelings as their brothers and sisters in China for peaceful co-exisitence.
In the past, during the Japanese invasion and World War II, overseas Chinese rallied and collected over, I believe $50 million dollars at that time in aid of China.
If one look at the history of China and the abuse of power by the Emperors and Lords against the poor, one should say that, life has changed for the better for the masses (even under communist rule).
I believe, that if any `huge' populated nation would survive and prospher, it would be the Chinese. Contrast this to, the unfortunate circumstances in Russia, where, in my opinion, money invested is like going into a `blackhole' and a vicious cycle of poverty or chaos. If things continue, there may be another `peasant' revolt.
I believe, conservative China, can progress and have a better human rights record as its citizens, get better off economically and financially.
Currently, India, is also, I believe trying to lay a claim on Tibet so, this `country' is squeezed between China and India.
Many overseas Chinese, thus have a part to play as a bridge to understanding Chinese culture especially to the West since we are educated overseas and English is widely used in terms as the medium of commerce.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 3/4/00 11:17:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear cecil,
Its a political question. We
will understand it if you
decide not to answer it.
How do most free Buddhist
chinese people feel about the
occupation of Tibet and
mistreatment of the monks and
that the highest leader of the
Buddhism the Dali lama is
forced to live in exile. And
what are they doing for the
freedom of Tibet and
protection of their religion.
Thanks.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Dear cecil,
Thank you for answering the above question (though diplomatically). We are glad to know that you believe in the freedom of speech and the protection of human rights. Since it is important for some users/readers like me to know that since this is a moderated site. So wanted to sure that this site believed in the freedom of speech of the user.