About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Favorable bed position

moon88

Dear cecil,
I read somewhere that the bed should always be placed diagonal to the door. Is it true.
Secondly it is bad feng shui to sleep with bed on the same wall as the door (in the diagram of favorable position shown in the wish list) 2 out of the 3 pictures of favorable bed position in 2 the bed is on the same wall as the door. So what is the truth .thanks.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
What is the rationale for not having the bed on the same wall as the door?
In traditional Feng Shui, this is not advisable because, if one is suppose to sleep on the same wall (plus the head against the wall), you will not be able to see who comes into the room.
(There is no longer an element of surprise).
Of course, we can say that the door can be closed or sleep with the legs facing the wall. But the second is not considered auspicious.
Thus if it is based on Shapes and Form Feng Shui, the above is the main reason for it.
You have to see if the above is a good enough reason for yourself. But this is what it generally means in Feng Shui.
In my opinion, I would not recommend the above with the bed on the same wall as the door. Perhaps, more a `habbit' than anything else.
The above does not take into consideration, Eight House Theory. You can still follow the Eight House Theory here in trying to sleep further away from your inauspicious intangible force sectors.
For those who want to go further can, use the Flying Star more importantly if there is an imbalance, neutralise it.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 3/29/00 1:19:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear cecil,
I read somewhere that the bed
should always be placed
diagonal to the door. Is it
true.
Secondly it is bad feng shui
to sleep with bed on the same
wall as the door (in the
diagram of favorable position