About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Moon and the chinese people

moon88

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
The moon is important to the Chinese:
1. If we look carefully, it is the `second' half of the Yin and Yang "symbol".
Where the moon represents Yin and the sun Yang.
2. Often in the past, when I was young my mum will say, the 15th day of Lunar month and out of curiosity, I would at the evening peer in the sky and true enough, it is the full moon.
Thus, sometimes, when I do not `refer' to the Chinese calendar, one could easily tell when the 15th day of an " X month " roughly is.
3. Again, you are correct to say that the Chinese give a `lot of significance to the moon'.
As many members have heard how often the word " Lunar Calendar " has been uttered.
4. The " Lunar Calendar " is where, all Chinese get their Chinese birthdate. E.g. 8th day of the 8th month of 1970.
5. While the Hsia or Xia Li calendar is mostly used to determine the season for agriculture and planting.
Thus you will see why, at Geomancy.net, we will continue to use the Lunar Calendar and the Hsia or Xia Li to cross reference season strength.
6. Yes, there is the story of festival of seven sisters of the moon. Likewise, there is others like Celebration of Chang-e and Glazing the sky until the fourth watch etc...
7. Here, you will find that the moon is also associated with Autumn, there is the mid autumn festival and other autumn festivals mentioned under Para 6.
Will try to elaborate on other festivities under 6 in the future.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 4/13/00 1:58:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear cecil,
I read somewhere that chinese
people give lot of
significance to the moon and
there is festival of seven
sisters and moon? Is it true.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net