About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

How come people in Taiwan were duped by BTB feng s

Dear cecil,
After reading the article about the BTB feng shui one is left wondering how come people in Taiwan( which is the secondary birth place of feng shui ) get duped by the BTB feng shui. One can understand its popularity in West since most people are not familiar with the concept. But in Taiwan where most people are familiar with feng shui and where feng shui is passed from generation to generation by word of mouth and is the home of most traditional feng shui masters.
What do you think is the reason that BTB feng shui affected people in Taiwan? Why some people chose it instead of traditional feng shui? Thanks.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
In my personal opinion:
1. The leader is also a Chinese and makes it even more convincing.
2. `Fast Food Feng Shui'.
All over the world, people, or human beings want quick answers.
As humans, we prefer fast answers. For example, where is my wealth sector etc...
If I were to tell someone, inorder to use Feng Shui properly, you must use this theory, that theory etc....
3. Thus, many of us would prefer the easy way out.
4. `Simplicity' is the key to increasing the `followers'.
What could be more easier than providing everyone hope. Hope such as an easy to use `Fixed Template'.
The `plus' point here (I must personally say) is taht even if the `fixed template' may not work most of the time, the key ingredient is giving people `hope'.
5. It is like some who were `troubled' and e.g. go to church or temple.
6. Plus, the `charisma' of person or leader.
7. It is also a multiplier effect that most probably he got lucky and was recommended by `big' businessmen or Taiwan officials. Thus standing along a leader (even if you have questionable) links do give one good PR advantage.
8. Furthermore, one need not be a Feng Shui Master but rather anyone who is good at Public Relations or Marketing or can market themselves well, will have an added advantage.

9. Thus, one can be a highly skilled Feng Shui Master, but cannot speak English well nor does not have good PR skills. Will never be known unless, they are very very famous.

10. I have mentioned in past messages, usually, you get to hear only Hong Kong Feng Shui practitioners or those who migrated to the West such as US or Canada, teaching Feng Shui on the internet.

11. As Hong Kong was once a British colony, FS practitioners usually from this country are conversed in English.

12. Chinese or Taiwanese Feng Shui practitioners because of their poor English, never make it to `penetrate' the internet (where the medium) is English.

Thus, sometimes, some of the theories thought have a biased towards the Hsia calendar or (Xia Li) calendar system which Hong Kong uses.

13. We are aware of this and would need to tip the balance. I thus usually broadly classifly this group of Hong Kong / Canadian / US practitioners the `Western Traditional School' of Feng Shui.

14. Thus, you can now better understand that, mostly, the voice of the `Eastern School (or Taiwanese) Masters, less heard nor those from China (who usually fled directly to China).

Because of this disparity, I always believe, in using the best of both schools.

15. It is like Kung Fu, the more skills you have, the better you can select and choose.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 4/20/00 11:25:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear cecil,
After reading the article
about the BTB feng shui one is
left wondering how come people
in Taiwan( which is the
secondary birth place of feng
shui ) get duped by the BTB
feng shui. One can understand
its popularity in West since
most people are not familiar
with the concept. But in
Taiwan where most people are
familiar with feng shui and
where feng shui is passed from
generation to generation by
word of mouth and is the home
of most traditional feng shui
masters.
What do you think is the
reason that BTB feng shui
affected people in Taiwan? Why
some people chose it instead
of traditional feng shui?
Thanks.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Dear Anon,
Further to my earlier comments:
1. Activites like buying a lotto or sweepstake ticket is also interesting.
Here, it also gives a person Hope or for some people, something to look forward to.
2. Contrary to popular belief, even in Taiwan, not many people or the majority of population (like the west) are equally intriqued with Feng Shui and other of such activties such as face reading, and other geomancy fields.
Feng Shui Masters are far and rare. In my opinion, it can be the ratio of e.g. the ratio of doctors to the population or less.
3. In Cate Bramble's website or article, you will notice that he `duped' prominent politicians and businessmen etc...
4. This is interesting because, many politicians and businessmen are good in their specific areas and does not mean that they themselves exactly know Feng Shui.
5. Fortunately, in countries like Hong Kong, Malaysia and Singapore, I have yet come across a BTB practitioner.
The practitioners may practise one form of Feng Shui or the other.
For example, even some local FS Masters only practise the Eight House. While others practise Shapes and Form. Some others, Flying Star.
A few others practise combined forms. Yet, I do not come across (as yet) BTB practitioners.
This is simple because, the BTB reach is only isolated in Taiwan and from there spread to the US and some other western countries.
Many practitioners in Hong Kong, Malaysia and Singapore, have not even heard of BTB.
Again, the above is my personal opinion and understanding of how BTB came so popular to this day.
Perhaps, many members here do have your own perception.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil