About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Water on both side of door spells danger

moon88

Dear cecil,
I read somewhere that having water on the both side of the door spells danger. Is it true. And is this applicable to that actual water body like fountain or fish tank or is it applicable to the painting or pictures with water. In short, I needed to know if one has painting in the living room with water on both side of the door. Will it be considered bad. Thanks.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
1. Generally, it is very unusual to find water positions on both side of the door.
Thus there can be some truth in what you have mentioned.
2. What I mentioned by some truth is that we can still analyse if we want to the effects by looking at the Flying Star Chart of that sector.
3. Another important clue is:
3.1 That too much water creates a too yin environment.
3.2 Traditional Chinese are not infavour of having too many wells at a home or around it.
One is bad enough. Although water is a necessity, one major fear is that someone may fall into etc... Therefore, many traditional Chinese belief in spirits in wells.
3.3 Water position where possible at the frontage of the house or building should be one full area and not divided into a few or in such a case, two pools of water.
I have so far not come across such a situation as mentioned by you.
3.4 As mentioned earlier, it is highly unusual to have two fish tanks on both side of the main entrance. Perhaps, is the house an aquarium? *JOKE*
Two Water positions of fountains are equally highly unusual. Usually, it occupies a central position and clear space around it.
3.5 You mentioned of two water pictures on both side of the door. The question asked is:
3.5.1 Is this recommended by someone or is it because you like it so much.
3.5.2 If you like it so much and if it has been there for sometime without any `problems' then it is usually ok.
3.5.3 As mentioned above, the best method to check if it is ok on a more `scientific' method is to use the Flying Star analysis.
Avoid, too much yin elements. For example, if the chart is already too yin for that sector and furthermore, if assuming that there a bad yin influences, the `additional
' water may cause more harm than good. Conversely, it may be good. Thus one should check further on this if one wants to. Else, base on `feelings' or sixth sense.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 5/10/00 11:20:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear cecil,
I read somewhere that having
water on the both side of the
door spells danger. Is it
true. And is this applicable
to that actual water body like
fountain or fish tank or is it
applicable to the painting or
pictures with water. In short,