at 45 degree to the house. Do I still locate
the center of the main door from the center
of the house or not? Any suggestions would
be greatly appreciated.
. center of the house

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Peter,
1. When determining the centrepoint of the house, it should still be measured from the centrepoint of the house to the centre of the house.
2. Goto this Link
It shows the method for evaluating a home where the main door is `off' the compass.
Draw a rectangle parallel to 2. Where 1 then becomes the centrepoint.
3. The slanted door is usually considered `separate' to finding the centrepoint.
Usually, this is used for one reason:
The `theory' that ghosts can only move along a straight line.
This is why, you can now understand why many Feng Shui practitioners, advise clients where the main entrance door is at NE to tilt the door. By tilting the door, it implies that "ghosts" who can only move in a straight line has `difficulty' entering the house.
This `theory' on ghosts moving in a straight line can thus help everyone to understand by it is always prefered to have winding pathways etc...
In your situation, the tilt in your main door serves more of the above then "anything else".
Hope the above helps.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 6/23/00 1:54:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
I have a question about
locating the
direction of the main door
which is slanted
at 45 degree to the house. Do
I still locate
the center of the main door
from the center
of the house or not? Any
suggestions would
be greatly appreciated.
. center of the house

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 9 months later...
  • Staff

Dear Eoin,
1. Although some FS books e.g. author Evelyn Lip had mentioned, certain directions associated with certain occupations.
2. In others, for example, since metal (metal coins) are associated with banking, it was said that Banking outlets should face the `Metal' direction e.g. West or NW.
3. Again, it is said that since South represents `Fire'; business associated with Marketing / Sales should face this direction.
4. In real life, I believe it would be naive to simply look at the `best position' or rather best direction of the front door and associate it with any business.
5. Rather, the front door, should be looked at in relation to the whole business premises.
6. For example, I know of this real life situation of this new condominum where the owner of the supermarket (within the condominum) had perhaps cited their main entrance `wrongly'.
Instead of using their main entrance which can be accessible by all, they sited the main entrance within the `secured' controlled gate premises.
Here, it made it so inconvienent for their customers to go into their shop house. I wonder how long this shop would last.
It may be poor foresight as they had already situated their cashier's counter and it is very much harder for them to resite it without affecting the flow or movement of the supermarket.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 3/28/01 2:15:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
what is the best position for
a buisnesses front door.
cheers