About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Water feature/landscape

Dear Cecil,
I have a question to ask on putting water features/landscape. Now a days there are alot of water features in shops which install small water landscape for homes.
I have a private lift going to my house unit. When I come out of the lift, we have a small lobby area and my main door is on the right hand side of the lift. Can I put a small water landscape at this lobby area - directly facing the lift door? Meaning to say, when I come out of my main door, the water landscape is on the right side of the main door. I read somewhere in feng shui book that it is not good to put water feature on the right side of the main door - (it invite extra-marital affairs). Is this true?
Please let me know if it is alright to put a small water feature/landscape at my small lobby area. Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Iris

• 2 months later...
Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Iris,
1. The two main `goals' of Feng Shui is:
- To try and enhance beneificial Qi
- To neutralise Sha Qi
2. In real life, imagine standing next to or at the bottom of a water fall. One can hear the sound of water. Or thunderous sound of water.
Here, a waterfall is said to bring vigourous circulation of Qi.
A fountain, if it is large or huge can equally generate quite an amount of sound and activity of water i.e. a case study is the Suntec City fountain, Singapore, which is currently the largest brass/metal ring fountain.
3. A fish tank is usually meant to neutralise sha qi e.g. placed at a window to neutralise a lamp post. Or as a hobby fish tank.
4. Water flowing from west to east as shown in the recent example of The Tropica condominium is where negative ions of water is said to flow thru the frontage of the development.
5. Thus your water position which is considered a `tiny' "toy" is merely more for show. Unless, it can make vigourous sound or activity coming from high flow of water.
6. It is preferred that the water position should be at the left or at the middle as opposed to the right side... where it is considered not favourable under FS condition as you mentioned... `wondering eyes'.... of a spouse.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 8/22/00 10:05:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil,
I have a question to ask on
putting water
features/landscape. Now a
days there are alot of water
features in shops which
install small water landscape
for homes.
I have a private lift going to