About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Northern vs. Southern Hemispheres

lwing

Does the hemisphere where you were born and now live matter in the calculations? If a SE direction is favorable for someone who is born in the northern hemisphere, is it still favorable if they now live southern hemisphere? Also, if it does matter, are all the calculations based on northern hemisphere births? Thanks?

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Laura,
I believe there was this debate sometime back where some Australian, FS enthusiasts and FS practitioners `introduced' or reversed the Ba Gua as you mentioned such as SE etc...
So far, such `claims' have been reduced significantly.
As many FS concepts are based on the Five Elements concept, Yin and Yang, these are not affected by whether it is North or South hemisphere.
Overall, or so far, no one was able to refute the current FS model. Cavet emptor... (let the buyer beware) to those who believe that FS models should be reversed for the Southern hemisphere.
So far, in my personal experience having looked at many (many) cases particulary for Australia, I sincerely believe that the current FS model should not be changed.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 10/5/00 6:10:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Does the hemisphere where you
were born and now live matter
in the calculations? If a SE
direction is favorable for
someone who is born in the
northern hemisphere, is it
still favorable if they now
live southern hemisphere?
Also, if it does matter, are
all the calculations based on
northern hemisphere births?
Thanks?

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Thanks for the clarification. Bummer... my Australian partner and I are almost polar opposites, thus finding a 'holistic' sleeping position is a challenge. Me: 20 July 1964 Partner: 24 July 1958. Oh, well, looks like we will have to sleep in separate beds! Thanks again, I?m finding this site very interesting and well maintained?
Cheers,
Laura

• Staff

Dear Laura,
1. Many users also faced similar problems such as you and your partner.
2. Under the Eight House concept, one partner can still sleep closer to the `intangible force' and the other partner sleep on the other side. (Using the partner as a shield).
3. In my personal opinion, weightage should firstly be given to the layout of the room based on Shapes and Form techniques. For example the bed should be against the wall. When one opens the bedroom door, the bed should be on the opposite wall e.g. facing the door.
4. I am glad you find this site interesting.
For those who are new here can look at photo tours e.g. caricatures to have a better understanding of FS i.e. Traditional FS as opposed to "Others".
Alternatively, one can use the Search button in this forum to search the over more than 3,800 messages in this forum i.e. nearly any subject related to Feng Shui.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 10/5/00 4:28:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the clarification.
Bummer... my Australian
partner and I are almost polar
opposites, thus finding a
'holistic' sleeping position
is a challenge. Me: 20 July
1964 Partner: 24 July 1958.
Oh, well, looks like we will
have to sleep in separate
beds! Thanks again, I?m
finding this site very
interesting and well
maintained?
Cheers,
Laura

On 10/5/00 4:28:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
my Australian
partner and I are almost polar
opposites, thus finding a
'holistic' sleeping position
is a challenge. Me: 20 July
1964 Partner: 24 July 1958.
Oh, well, looks like we will
have to sleep in separate
beds
I'm confused with your statement. Per my calculation, both of you belong to gua 6. If you are referring to the animal sign of your year of birth, then, yes. You were born in the year of the Dragon and he in the year of the Dog. These two clash. But, bear in mind that these don't really matter. Chinese Astrology Readings are done by looking at your true birth element which is your day pillar and not year pillar.

Hi, Me being totally new to this site, please forgive any mistake I have made. I am relying completely on the free reports at this time and am considering moving to the more accurate and complete reports.
From the free reports:
Me- 20 July 1964 - Gua 6, west
Partner- 24 July 1958 - Gua 9, east
Please let me know if this isn't correct! It will make are sleeping arrangements much easier! Cheers!