About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Has any scientific research done on chinese herbs

yang88

Dear cecil,
Recently I saw on TV how a doctor in North America did a scientific study on Tibetan herbs on stage IV breast cancer patient. Although the tibetan doctor was allowed to use only 9 herbs instead of 49 herbs. But by the end of study it showed positive results. And it proved to world that the herbs do work and without any negative side effects.
I wanted to know if any scientific studies are being done by the overseas chinese doctors on chinese herbs so that people all around the world can be benefited by them since people know the herbs work since they are taken by millions of people in China for thousands of years. All they are waiting for are the scientific studies. So that they combine the best of both worlds. Western medicine wonderful technology to detect the diseases at early stage and the chinese herbs for results without the side affects and improved quality of life? Thanks.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
Last hear, I saw a documentary where for example, some British hospitals have adopted acupuncture inconjunction with western medicines.
I understand that many years back gingseng plant has been cultivated in US and this has medicinal properties. Nowadays, when we Chinese go to a Chinese herbal shop, we can easily ask for the cheaper US ginseng.
In fact, if one goes to a Chinese hospital today, many traditional herbs are used.
It goes down to the root of Yin and yang concept. Where, for example, each ailment can be explained as being too yang or too yin. In such a situation, a remedy or herbs which can be classified into yin or yang is prescribed. (What I mentioned here is kinda brief... but roughly, it gives an idea that Chinese medicine is rooted on Yin and Yang concept).
I understand from various commentaries that many western doctors are now begining or have already studied many of the herbs used in Chinese medicine and have since applied them.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 1/22/01 12:58:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear cecil,
Recently I saw on TV how a
doctor in North America did a
scientific study on Tibetan
herbs on stage IV breast
cancer patient. Although the
tibetan doctor was allowed to
use only 9 herbs instead of 49
herbs. But by the end of