About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

The Three Combinations

mehtakaushal

Hi Cecil
I read in a book about the special meaning of the three combinations geomantic chart.
When I made my house's chart I was happy to find that it satisfies the 3 combinations criteria.
ie 1,4,7 2,5,8 3,6,9 in all the nine palaces
since it is a fifth age house. It (ie. book) says the meaning as, the house will receive energy in all of the eras and is associated with good health and good fortune etc.
Does it mean that I dont have to put any cures? the grid has all the numbers and it means completeness, and completeness comes from primordial energy.
Plus it also says the lifespan of such site is eternal. What does this mean?
Waiting for your reply
Thanks
Kaushal

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Hi Kaushal,
Generally, you are refering to the fact that your house has a base star forming the Luo Shu square where adding the numbers from each of the direction gives you 15.
Yes, I have not doubt that your chart looks like a luo shu square. And it does have number combination influence.
However, Flying Star is not so simple as to just looking at the numbers of the base star.
It is even more important to understand the interactions of the Flying Star when encountered with two important stars that constantly fly around the base star every 20-year and yearly. The monthly and daily stars are often not so important as quite difficult and also not to mentioned tedious to work out cures for each month and day.
Whether or not a cure needs to be applied for each sector, will depends on the interaction of the three stars in each sector.
Also, in any case, the influence of each direction of the sector is still NOT balance even in a Luo Shu combination. Eg. 1 4 7 is auspicious, but 2 5 8 is not exactly very auspicious for example.
So the auspcious aspect is only the fact that it follows the luo shu pattern.
However, it does not mean that you have triple combinations.
Usually triple combinations is where you have elements such as combinations that flow, directional combination etc. In a luo shu layout only the numbers add up. But the elements in the direction of that follows does not.
Also whether or not you continue to enjoy the auspicious influence of the house solely depends on whether you have made any major renovation to that place since it was built.
For example, if the house was built in period 5, was any major renovation made in period 6/7? If so the house chart no longer takes the period 5 chart and the influence of the house is entirely altered.
So generally, there is no such thing as eternal lifespan. There is only when you leave the house unchanged. Meaning that a house built in period 7 with good stars will continue to be good throughout the other periods. However, will change when a major renovation was done.
Basically, what you have done is NOT considered a Flying Star reading, but rather the flying of the Nine Stars (or the Purple-White stars for the 9 sectors/palaces).
Until you chart out and analyse the impact (81 combinational impact, Five element analysis of each sector and other flying star analysis). What you have is does not really tell you much.
Personally, a really auspicious house is where you have the main door for example (double 7 in period 7 or double 6 in period 6 etc). And that at least 5 of the sectors are found to be good or excellent sectors of the house. It is not possible to get every sector good but to get 5-7 sectors out of 9 sectors being good sectors is considered an EXCELLENT house.
If not, you cannot consider the house excellent. Most average houses have about has usually about 1-3 good sectors only.
Warmest Regards
Robert Lee

On 2/3/01 11:43:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi Cecil
I read in a book about the
special meaning of the three
combinations geomantic chart.
When I made my house's chart I
was happy to find that it
satisfies the 3 combinations
criteria.
ie 1,4,7 2,5,8 3,6,9 in all