About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

What is the second best option for floors

yang88

Dear cecil,
The wooden floors are considered best in fengshui. But in some wet and cold countries wooden floor are not a good option due to the mold and termite problem. So wanted to know what is the second best option for floors besides the wooden floors in a house. Thanks.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
1. For wooden floors, it is not so much of what is considered `best' in Feng Shui but more of "commonsense" or rather experience of using wooden floors.
2. For example, it is felt that it would be better for wooden or parquet floor tiles be used in a bedroom.
This is because of the belief that:
2.1 when one wakes up, and gets out of the bed, it would be better to step on wooden floors. This is because wooden floors have less conductivity i.e. one do not feel cold or suddenly feel cold as the feet touches the floor.
2.2 Many people, work in their bedrooms i.e. study table. Therefore, it would be better for their feet to be in contact with a neutral floor i.e. wooden floor.
Imagine, placing one's feet constantly on cold tiles. This is considered `unhealthy'. But of-course, one can place a carpet or rug under the study table.
2.3 Many Asians sleep on the floor i.e. family members and children and it is felt that a bed placed on wooden floor tiles would be better than placing it on `cold' ceramic/marble/homogenous tiles.
3. From what I understand, many homes do have bedrooms with `wooden' flooring and the living room / dining room/ kitchen/ toilet area as having ceramic/marble/homogenous or mosaic floor tiles.
Thus, it is acceptable to have other floor tiles in other areas of the home and this does not necessary equate with `bad' Feng Shui.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 2/22/01 7:13:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear cecil,
The wooden floors are
considered best in fengshui.
But in some wet and cold
countries wooden floor are not
a good option due to the mold
and termite problem. So wanted
to know what is the second
best option for floors besides