About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

About disturbing grand duke in West

suda

Dear Cecil,
Thanks for the reply to my question on the above topic. But if you would please clarify this:
In your reply,you've said - "Strictly speaking, one should not even drill (i.e. touch the `grand duke' at the specific location). Unlike a situation where, " one does " a major renovation i.e. call a contractor to do it for `you'."
Mine is not a major renovation; I just have to get cupboards unfixed and refix some of them - but both jobs are in the West. But to do this, I have to call a contracter. Is this okay by the grand duke??? Or is only repairs/ renovation that involve the whole house allowed??
Please advise.
Thanks & regards.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
On the issue of the Grand Duke, there can be controvesy over the definition of how the Grand Duke can be `offended'.
Therefore, when answering your question, I used the word `strickly speaking' i.e. where it concerns some advice, it is a must not to offend the Grand Duke.
In my opinion, I feel that it is acceptable:
1. When one does a renovation especially take the case; where this is not a new house and we need to renovate the home.
When we engage a contractor to do the entire renovation of the home; I feel that this is acceptable.
On the `commonsense' approach.. it is not practical to ask the contractor to say do renovation to the home and leave out some parts of the home. This may be impractical.
For example, if we need to change the floor tiles, it would not be practical to change the floor tiles while leaving a certain section with the old tiles or to leave the wall unpainted at a specific sector.
2. When we fit a nail or drill a small hole, I feel that this is in my opinion still acceptable. But if can avoid, try to.
3. If we already live in the home and decides to do some renovation, it is best not to do the renovation especially if we are still living in the house.
However, if there is a major leak e.g. sewerage pipes and it happens to be at the Grand Duke sector; one cannot help it but to get someone to fix it.
Thus, I personally feel that it is difficult to provide `fixed' answers to this question. It depends!
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 2/28/01 2:29:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil,
Thanks for the reply to my
question on the above topic.
But if you would please
clarify this:
In your reply,you've said -
"Strictly speaking, one should
not even drill (i.e. touch the
`grand duke' at the specific