About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Please clarify breadwinner, etc.

suda

Dear Cecil,
I read a reply of yours wherein you had mentioned ?breadwinner? as owner of house. Does it have to be owner or could it be main earner in house? Related to this, I also have some other queries. If you will please be patient with me and clarify in detail.
# Our present house consists of two flats side by side: 101 102
We have knocked down two walls in between to make it one big house.
Now flat 101 is in my elder sister?s name, and flat 102 in my name. Our main door is of flat 102 (because door of flat 101 is right next to the stairs). But our main door is NE facing, which is good for my sister and parents, but not me because I am a SE house person.
Now, my father has not been working a long time; I also just lost my job, so it is my sister who is main earner. So is there any problem, even if she is not owner of house which has main door?
#Also, in our house report, NE main door (45 degree) was given this reading: NE: earth; 7(metal) 7 (metal) 1 (water) main door, long gone prosperity? What does this mean? Confused because we applied Indian vastu at time of buying the house and here, NE door is supposed to be very good.
# Our walls, main door and other inner doors are pale yellow in colour. We also have an iron safety door outside the main door which is brownish red in colour. As per Flying Star report, both my sister and me are weak water element. Also in the house report, main door NE falls in water sector. So do the wall and door colours, being earth colours, affect negatively?
Thanks tons,
Sudha

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
Breadwinner refers to:-
1. When assessing a home, the breadwinner can be said to be the person who brings in the most money to the household.
2. If there are two `breadwinners' and each contributes to half of the money for the household, then usually, for computation purposes, it would have to be the male or the husband who should be considered the `breadwinner'.
3. The `breadwinner' need not be the owner of the home. It can be someone renting the home and in this case, we look for a `breadwinner' i.e. the person who pays the rental and earns the most in the home (rental).

On 3/7/01 3:09:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil,
I read a reply of yours
wherein you had mentioned
?breadwinner? as owner of
house. Does it have to be
owner or could it be main
earner in house? Related to
this, I also have some other
queries. If you will please be
patient with me and clarify in
detail.
# Our present house consists
of two flats side by side: 101
We have knocked down two walls
in between to make it one big
house.
Now flat 101 is in my elder
sister?s name, and flat 102 in
my name. Our main door is of
flat 102 (because door of flat
101 is right next to the
stairs). But our main door is
NE facing, which is good for
my sister and parents, but not
me because I am a SE house
person.
Now, my father has not been
working a long time; I also
just lost my job, so it is my
sister who is main earner. So
is there any problem, even if
she is not owner of house
which has main door?

In this case, for assessment of the home (both homes), you can use your sister's particulars since she is ultimately the breadwinner of (both houses).

#Also, in our house report, NE
main door (45 degree) was
given this reading: NE: earth;
7(metal) 7 (metal) 1 (water)
main door, long gone
prosperity? What does this
mean? Confused because we
applied Indian vastu at time
of buying the house and here,
NE door is supposed to be very
good.

If your house has been built under Period 7 or this current period, a house with double 7's is considered good or auspicious for such a house.
If a house was built under Period 6; then, a double 6 is considered good or auspicious.

# Our walls, main door and
other inner doors are pale
yellow in colour. We also have
an iron safety door outside
the main door which is
brownish red in colour. As per
Flying Star report, both my
sister and me are weak water
element. Also in the house
report, main door NE falls in
water sector. So do the wall
and door colours, being earth
colours, affect negatively?

Colours are secondary in Feng Shui. Overall, the house especially the living room area should be more yang or brighter. Use colours that are not dark.
In my opinion, earth colours can still be used in the home. Ideally, netural colours are still the best.
One can inadvertently activate the earth element, if there is an imbalance caused by #2 and #5 in these sectors.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Thanks tons,
Sudha

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net