About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

The size of a mountain?

Dear Cecil,
If a house needs a mountain at the back of the house (back yard). What is the ideal weight or size of the object need to be in order to be effective. For example, would a 0.5 meter high clay statue be enough and how far would this statue have to be from the house?
Thanks
Peter

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Peter,
Ideally, the best mountains are:
1. Firstly, under external environment, there should be a good hill or if it is further away a real mountain behind the house.
Examples, are those of the mountain `protection' found in books on FS history. For example, books that describe how a location or city was chosen.
2. Thus, we should not only be looking at our own houses but on a larger picture, on such external environment.
3. If the above is fullfilled, in general, it is considered a good location .. i.e. overall prosperity for the people living there.
4. As to a home, it is difficult to quantify the exact earth i.e. 0.5 metre high etc...
An investigation or observations has to be made on the back portion i.e. are there water positions there? Are there roads behind, side of the back of the house.
5. For the interior of the home, the equivalent of a `mountain' position is the brickwall of the back of the house and it can also be represented by a back door.
6. We should therefore, understand that a mountain is a location where, there should be solid support. Symbolic of this are ie. a piece of immovable rock. Such as a piece of brick (which can represent it).
As for a clay figurine... I believe, it remains perhaps (in my opinion) much a decorative item and less of a `mountain' support.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 3/15/01 11:22:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil,
If a house needs a mountain at
the back of the house (back
yard). What is the ideal
weight or size of the object
need to be in order to be
effective. For example, would
a 0.5 meter high clay statue
be enough and how far would