About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Crystal in the bathroom

Confuse

Hi Cecil,
I posted a message regarding my daughters' sleeping direction is toward the bathroom. The one about behind the soild wall is the bathroom sink and facing the sink is the toilet. Lillian Too suggested that should hang a crystal behind the wall (which mean in the bathroom). What does hanging a crystal do? You rely to one of the message regarding crystal stating that crystal is not a cure. Why do some believe that hanging a crystal is a cure? What does hang 6 coin do? I am just a beginner in feng shui. Should I hang a crystal in the bathroom? or in the bedroom soild wall where my daughters sleeping direction is?
Thanks

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Ann,
Thank you for bringing up the question of crystals.
1. It is thought that like mirrors, crystals may be considered as bending light or `manipulating' lighting.
This is where, some advise include:
If there is a stair-case landing, some FS practitioners may advise one to place a mirror at this landing. In the hope that `Qi' can flow more smoothly.
2. Unlike, `water qi' there is currently no scientific proof that light is effective.
For watercourses, reference can be made to " Dangers of underground water " ref:
http://www.geomancy.net/fs/under.htm
Here, some scientists have found that too much negative ions in water e.g. the negative ions created by waterfalls.
I watched the National Geographic documentary on Negara falls and I believe one scientist in the show mentioned the harm of too much `negative ions' .
3. Many people are facinated by light as those `manipulated' by crystals.
Please see below:-

On 6/22/01 12:36:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi Cecil,
I posted a message regarding
my daughters' sleeping
direction is toward the
bathroom. The one about behind
the soild wall is the bathroom
sink and facing the sink is
the toilet. Lillian Too
suggested that should hang a
crystal behind the wall (which
mean in the bathroom). What
does hanging a crystal do?
I believe Lillian Too, most probably meant (as mentioned above) that in my opinion; the hope that light "Qi" could be manipulated by a crystal.
However, in my opinion, to manipulate light; it may take more than one crystal as I believe, logically, one cannot hang a large crystal unless; one places a crystal chandalier to create `light' qi.

In order to add more crystals, may inadvertently create an imbalance (if one considers crystals = earth element).
If one goes to or read messages from any other Flying Star Feng Shui forums, metal is still the "dominant cure" because of its ability to destroy both `bad earth' and `bad wood' elements.
For your case, you may have to look out for bad elements such as #5; #2 (both bad earth) or #3 (bad wood) elements.
In my opinion, if we were to `play with' light, such as letting the crystal show a varied range of colours; it would be more of a `water' cure i.e. fluidity. However, water cures are less used (only occassionally, when a sector can use it). but less often.
This is why for metal cures; one can list out many types of cures:
1. 6 coins
2. brass/metal ruler
3. pendulum clock
4. 6 coins with salt water
5. wind chimes
As opposed to the use of crystals.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

You
rely to one of the message
regarding crystal stating that