About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

What is considered major renovation?

myfs_70779

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Maria,
The main thing to remember is that if the house is already (for example, a period 7 house i.e. 1984 to 2003), it does not matter if renovation works is carried out, last year or next year as it will still have the Period 7 influence.
In my opinion, there are many varied interpretations of what constitutes a missing corner.
Some examples are:
1. You can apply the 33.3 percent ruleset where if a renovation is major only if it is equal or greater than say 33.3 percent of the floor area of the entire house interior.
For example, if your house has a floor area of 1,000 sq. feet, then if there is a renovation that is equal or greater than 333 sq feet, can be considered a `major renovation'. This can include changing of the floor tiles as mentioned by you below.
Usually, painting the walls, should not be included as a major renovation. But some FS practitioners may consider the repainting of the entire roof (or ceiling) as -> major renovation.
Usually, in my opinion, adding a swimming pool (is to the exterior) of the house and should not be considered as part of a major renovation. As it does not affect the interior (of the house). However, it should be looked at in relation to Shapes and Form Feng Shui to see how the new swimming pool (water) affects or may affect the house.
As for re-furnishing the fire-place, I would consider using the 33.3 percent rule set as mentioned above.
What is more important is that when analying say a house e.g. built under Period 6 or earlier, do remember to draw to Flying Star chart(s) i.e. that of Period 6 and Period 7 and use it analyse the house.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 10/17/2001 7:53:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi Cecil:
What do you consider a major
renovation to change the
birthdate of the house?
1. Removing carpet and
replacing with tiles?
2. Painting walls?
3. Removing carpet and
replacing with hard wood?