About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Mirror, Mirron on the Wall . . .

myfs_70779

Dear Cecil or Robert:
I was told that when you open the front door of the house, the left and the right should be clear space. In my case, the right is a wall. In this case, I was told to use a mirror to "cheat" on the right wall. FYI, behind this wall is the laundry area. What do you think?
Many thanks,
Maria

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
Usually, the living room should have `clear space'. But what you mentioned may not necessarily mean that your home may not be auspicious.
Perhaps, you have to look at your entire house layout rather than base the assessment solely on the door opening...
Overall, even if the main door does not have clear space, we can use this to be the direction of the main door but consider other aspects such as the location where light comes in the `brightest' into the home. What you need to do is to see that this location e.g. the living room has clear space within the living room (if possible).
Frankly, there is really no `harm' in using mirror(s) as many FS practitioners consider it as being able to either enhance or reflect qi or divert it. The only concern is that if it is an inauspicious sector (the fear) that it may bounce back twice the bad luck. To find out if it is an auspicious or inauspicious sector, it is normally thru the assessment done using the Flying Star analysis.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 10/25/2001 10:54:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil or Robert:
I was told that when you open
the front door of the house,
the left and the right should
be clear space. In my case,
the right is a wall. In this
case, I was told to use a
mirror to "cheat" on the right
wall. FYI, behind this wall