About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Kitchen in the Prosperity Area

myfs_67004

Dear Cecil,
Please advice what I should do if my kitchen fall in my prosperity area (EAST). I am Kua 9, weak fire. I understand that kitchen in this location will cause a lot of quarrel among in family (PS : don't know whether is true)
My kitchen door is facing south west but it is located in the area of south-east.
Oringinally, the kitchen door is on the east (getting the direction from the centre of the house). We have change it to south-west instead.
I am planning to place the dining table at SE.
Please assist me.
I will be looking forward for your consultancy after I get my new flat with the above issue hanging over my head.
please give me a quote for my four room flat. I need you or (Robert Lee) to see my flat and advice somewhere on the 20th Feb 2001.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Max,
There are many theories involved with regards to the kitchen:
1. Some FS practitioner feels that kitchen should be in harmony with either spouse. Either/or should be auspicious sector for either say the husband or wife.
Please see below:-

On 11/17/2001 2:00:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil,
Please advice what I should do
if my kitchen fall in my
prosperity area (EAST). I am
Kua 9, weak fire. I understand
that kitchen in this location
will cause a lot of quarrel
among in family (PS : don't
know whether is true)
As mentioned earlier, some FS practitioners feel that the kitchen should fall in e.g. the husband's prosperity area. While others feel that it should be the opposite.

The main `argument' here is that it has to do with the fire element. Some FS practitioners feel that fire may be harmful as it can result in frequent quarrels. However, this is less of importance and we should be focusing more on:-
1. The kitchen has both the fire and water element i.e fire (stove) and water (the basin/refrigerator).
2. Priority is that the stove should try to face inwards in the kitchen as it helps to keep the warmth-in. The kitchen is seen as a place that provide both food and warmth to the household.
3. Another major consideration is the position of the stove in relation to the wash basin / fridge. And the stove should especially be kept a distance or there should be a gap between the two.
4. If the kitchen is at the north, the stove and frige should not face each other as North = Water, may just distinguish the warmth of the stove.
5. If the kitchen is at the south, the stove can face the fridge.

My kitchen door is facing
south west but it is located
in the area of south-east.

The siting of the kitchen door is less important than the placement of the stove.

Oringinally, the kitchen door
is on the east (getting the
direction from the centre of
the house). We have change it
to south-west instead.
I am planning to place the
dining table at SE.
Thank you.

Cecil Lee

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net