About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

House at the end of a private street

myfs_74938

I manage a rental house which is located at at the end of a private street. I am having to spend more time/energy in managing the tenants in this particular house than in managing another house. The house was built in 1999. The first tenants stayed for approximately a little over 2 years. The wife's company was bought by a different company and she was laid off which expedited their move. The husband was retired and always complained about things. The second tenant lasted 6 months. He was laid off from his job and had to move back to France because he was on an H1B Visa to the US. This house must have bad Feng Shui being at the end of a street. Is their something I can do like using mirrors or chimes in front of the house to increase the luck in this house?

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Ben,
Yes, you have correctly confirmed that a house at the end of a private street has bad Sha Qi. And, for those staying in the house, it would indeed have bad Feng Shui.
If you have a sketch layout plan, it would be nice to see it. As the placement of mirrors or other cures need to be looked at in relation to the main entrance door. Or perhaps, can you provide more description of:-
1. Describe more of the main gate in relation to the private street.
2. Describe more of the driveway leading to the house.
3. The position of the main entrance and any other descriptions of the frontage of the house.
4. At this frontage are there any other windows or sliding glass panels. That may add to the poison arrow.
The above are important to better understand your situation as each case may be unique or different.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 12/18/2001 5:50:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
I manage a rental house which
is located at at the end of a
private street. I am having
to spend more time/energy in
managing the tenants in this
particular house than in
managing another house. The
house was built in 1999. The
first tenants stayed for
approximately a little over 2
years. The wife's company was
bought by a different company
and she was laid off which
expedited their move. The
husband was retired and always
complained about things. The
second tenant lasted 6 months.
He was laid off from his job
and had to move back to France
because he was on an H1B Visa
to the US. This house must
have bad Feng Shui being at
the end of a street. Is their
something I can do like using
mirrors or chimes in front of
the house to increase the luck
in this house?

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Hi Cecil, thanks for responding so quickly!
The link below is a rental add that I currently have on yahoo classifieds that includes a picture of the house from the front.
http://list.realestate.yahoo.com/display/rentals?ct_hft=detail&cc=rentals&cid=rentals-1008362030-6880701&cr=California&cpcy=Mountain+View&fullnodeid=750007105&intl=
I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can.
1. Describe more of the main gate in relation to the private street.
There is no gate on this private street. This private street is a street that is not owned by the city/state but rather by the Home Owners Association. There are currently 7 homes and the 7 owners belong to an association that owns the street. The 7 homes are laid out in the following pattern. X represents a house. My house is the one in the middle of the top row and the private street is in the middle.
XXX
X X
X X
2. Describe more of the driveway leading to the house.
The driveway is actually the private street leading up to the front of the house as this is a high density development, The driveway is to the right of the picture in front of the garage. You can park 2 cars outside in the driveway and park 2 cars in the garage. The single front door is to the left side of picture. The front door has a semi see through window on the door itself.
3. The position of the main entrance and any other descriptions of the frontage of the house.
The house has 3 small columns in front supporting a portion of the roof in front of the door. Landscape is limited to grass on front left and right side of house. In middle front is small shrubs. Backyard is very small. Backyard fence extends about 12 feet from house 1/2 cement and 1/2 grass. Behind the house is a large apartment complex with very tall pine trees with branches overhanging onto our property which drops pine needle all over the backyard and back roof of the house.
4. At this frontage are there any other windows or sliding glass panels. That may add to the poison arrow.
In front of the house on the 1st story, there are 2 sliding windows (Living room on left and downstairs bedroom/den on right and 1 small fixed window in middle. On second story, far right sliding window is the master bedroom, and sliding window in middle is a bedroom. 2 smaller fixed window to left of that.
I'll have to take some pictures of the house and post it on a website for you to see. I do have original architectural drawings on 16x20 paper. I don't know how to show you other than taking a digital picture of it and posting on a site.

• Staff

Dear Ben,
Thanks for the photo. I now have a better understanding of the situation.
1. Looks like this is quite a major `Sha Qi' even if the traffic movement is not that great.
2. Many homes under such conditions usually come under problems and worse for the breadwinner or owners if they stay there as money would easily be drained and leading to financial difficulties. Fortunately, you are not staying there. There is still appropriate cures to this. But one has to go on the offensive rather than to use `white' or feng shui friendly cures for such a house.
3. I looked at the window (in particular) at the frontage) that bears the most brunt of the impact. Here, even if one has curtains or blinds, this may not be good enough.
4. I see that there are plants or patches where plants or trees can be planted. But it is quite understandable that it is rented premises that they may not be keen to upkeep the home. Plants can help. But if this may not be feasible than look at proposal under para 5 below.
5. Use a pair of cannons as shown in the attached picture. If you do not use it, one option is to park the car parallel to the frontage. (But this is not as good an option).
6. One should also place a Ba Gua mirror as shown in black circle above the windows mentioned under Para 1.
7. As from the position, I find that the main entrance is (so far) not much of a threat, but need to monitor this after the cures are in place.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 12/19/2001 3:19:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi Cecil, thanks for
responding so quickly!
The link below is a rental add
that I currently have on yahoo
classifieds that includes a
picture of the house from the
front.
http://list.realestate.yahoo.c
om/display/rentals?ct_hft=deta
il&cc=rentals&cid=rentals-1008
362030-6880701&cr=California&c
pcy=Mountain+View&fullnodeid=7
50007105&intl=
I'll try to answer your
questions as best as I can.
1. Describe more of the main
gate in relation to the
private street.
There is no gate on this
private street. This private
street is a street that is not
owned by the city/state but
rather by the Home Owners
Association. There are
currently 7 homes and the 7
owners belong to an
association that owns the
street. The 7 homes are laid
out in the following pattern.
X represents a house. My house
is the one in the middle of
the top row and the private
street is in the middle.
XXX
X X
X X
2. Describe more of the
driveway leading to the house.
The driveway is actually the
private street leading up to
the front of the house as this
is a high density development,
The driveway is to the right
of the picture in front of the
garage. You can park 2 cars
outside in the driveway and
park 2 cars in the garage.
The single front door is to
the left side of picture. The
front door has a semi see
through window on the door
itself.
3. The position of the main
entrance and any other
descriptions of the frontage
of the house.
The house has 3 small columns
in front supporting a portion
of the roof in front of the
door. Landscape is limited to
grass on front left and right
side of house. In middle front
is small shrubs. Backyard is
very small. Backyard fence
extends about 12 feet from
house 1/2 cement and 1/2
grass. Behind the house is a
large apartment complex with
very tall pine trees with
branches overhanging onto our
property which drops pine
needle all over the backyard
and back roof of the house.
4. At this frontage are there
any other windows or sliding
glass panels. That may add to
the poison arrow.
In front of the house on the
1st story, there are 2 sliding
windows (Living room on left
and downstairs bedroom/den on
right and 1 small fixed window
in middle. On second story,
far right sliding window is
the master bedroom, and
sliding window in middle is a
bedroom. 2 smaller fixed
window to left of that.
I'll have to take some
pictures of the house and post
it on a website for you to
see. I do have original
architectural drawings on
16x20 paper. I don't know how
to show you other than taking
a digital picture of it and
posting on a site.

Hi Cecil, many thanks for your recommendations.
A few more questions:
1) If I where to plant some trees and plants in front of the house, what kind, how tall, how many, and where exactly would I place them? Would I plant them where you indicated the cannons should be placed? The house has an automatic sprinkler system so upkeep shouldn't be a problem.
2) If I use a pair of cannon in lieu of plants/trees, how big or small should they be and what material should it be made of? I'm assuming they are statue replica's of a cannon.
3) Would a combination of plants/trees AND a pair of cannons be even more powerful than using just one option alone?

• Staff

Dear Ben,
Thank you for your information. Will review it and get back to you soon.
In the meantime, it is good to look at a (similar example). In this example, it is a shop house. Although it is not at the end of a private house, but the concept of `Sha qi' is quite similar.
Even when the road (in the picture) is relatively of low volume, the `immediate' impact on this (in the picture) shop house is clearly shown. While the shops on each side of it is `suprising' well maintained (in contrast to this run down building.
http://www.geomancy.net/events/CDL_FS_Talk/talk_1_slide_25.htm
This picture was taken by me sometime in the middle of this year. And a recent visit, still shows the similar fate.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 12/20/2001 12:56:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi Cecil, many thanks for your
recommendations.
A few more questions:
1) If I where to plant some
trees and plants in front of
the house, what kind, how
tall, how many, and where
exactly would I place them?
Would I plant them where you
indicated the cannons should
be placed? The house has an
automatic sprinkler system so
upkeep shouldn't be a problem.
2) If I use a pair of cannon
in lieu of plants/trees, how
big or small should they be
and what material should it be
made of? I'm assuming they are
statue replica's of a cannon.
3) Would a combination of
plants/trees AND a pair of
cannons be even more powerful
than using just one option
alone?

• Staff

Dear Ben,
Please see below:-

recommendations.
A few more questions:

Please refer to the attached picture.
For the plant/tree currently located at " C ", it would be best to plant a second similar tree at location " D ".
This is to balance the number of trees that are within the two windows.
Alternatively, you may remove the tree at " C " and plant one at location marked " E " in the picture.
Depending on the season and location of your house, it would best to use trees with a lower footprint (leaves).
In my opinion, you can consider the `Christmast' type of tree (some of the type) where it can grow tall and narrow (cone shaped). It would be best that the trees do not grow taller than the line marked in green. So try to get trees that grow taller than that.
Try to space out the trees evenly and the number of trees would depend on they type of tree grown. For example, assuming the largest span of the leaves when it matures. We do not want a case where the trees end up competiting with each other for space.
For the frontage, I understand it can be quite difficult to find trees to suit your needs as the frontage or grass area is quite restricted in choice.
Part 1... of message.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil Lee

• Staff

Dear Ben,
Please see below:-

recommendations.
A few more questions:

Please refer to the most recent reply.

2) If I use a pair of cannon
in lieu of plants/trees, how
big or small should they be
and what material should it be
made of? I'm assuming they are
statue replica's of a cannon.

Each cannon can be placed on a pedestal. A toy cannon i.e. placed on a pedestal; the minimum size or "footprint" of the pedestal for placing the cannon can be 1 foot in length the cannon and width of cannon of 6 inches or larger. The cannon should preferably be made of metal eg. brass.
Alternativley, one can use a pair of Keiloon (or lions) can be used as a subsitute. Here, they can be made of plaster/cement. Here, each lion should have a red ribbon strung on its neck.

3) Would a combination of
plants/trees AND a pair of
cannons be even more powerful
than using just one option
alone?

Yes, if you can plant plants/trees, and a combination of Para 2, this would be ideal situation.
Since, it depends on the season, it is best to select hardy trees/plants. Alternatively, you can plant bushes along the frontage in lieu of the trees (as some trees when they mature, can grow too tall or large).
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Hi Cecil,
I had sent you a separate e-mail as I was unable to access your forum using Netscape 4.76 but now switched to Internet Explorer and I can now access it.
I took more pictures of the house and included the interior floor plan. You can see them at:
http://photos.yahoo.com/benjaminjue
Feng Shui is new to me and after looking at your site, I also realized that the Master Bedroom in over the garage and that there are "many poison arrow pointing to the front of the house from the neighbors roofs.
What I plan on doing is planting a potatoe tree in front of (middle of) the big window to cover that up and removing that other small tree, using a Bagua mirror on the same front window and will plant a line of bushes where your indicated in the blue box from point A to B (where you indicated to put the cannon)I would like to use cannons but I am afraid it may scare away potential renters from renting the house. I don't know if I need to do anything else for the front door or Living room window.
Please advise if there is something more I can do after viewing the photos
Thank you for your help.
Ben