About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

element of profession

ingynn

Hellow Cecil,
I really appreciate your website and your kindness for all our questions.
1. What element is the computer software programming and computer engineer?
2.What element is courier service?
3. Do you go for a profession that your element produces or the element that produces your element?
THanks a lot and Happy New Year!!!

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Momo,
Thanks for your kind words of encouragement. Wishing you, and everyone here a Happy New Year!
Please see below:-

On 12/30/2001 6:42:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Hellow Cecil,
I really appreciate your
website and your kindness for
all our questions.
1. What element is the
computer software programming
and computer engineer?
2.What element is courier
service?

Nowadays, it is much harder to `discern' the type of element related to a career. This is because of the element of `multi-skilling'.
It it common nowadays; for one to be `multi-skilled' not only in our job but in a wide spectrum of a job. For example, some of us may be an accountant, while others may be in PR, Marketing or Administration. Common usage of computers and other related equipment is very common. Thus, we are today - more `multi-skilled' than ever. And it thus much harder to define a job or relate it (totally) to one specific element i.e. water, wood, metal, earth or fire?
I would, in the above context, view say Computer programmer as " water element ". It again depends on the scope of job in general. As programming is much related to a `flow' of process. Much like the flow of water.
For a courier service, I may consider the job closer to the earth element. Since, in my opinion, he is quite close to the `earth' i.e. moving around. In some ways, a courier service support staff or Marketing/sales people may be closer to the `fire element'. (This is just an example).
Frankly, I feel that you may have a different opinion and this is quite fair. So long as we can somewhat justify what we feel or describe a situation, it can certainly hold true.

3. Do you go for a profession
that your element produces or
the element that produces your
element?

In Ba Zi or Pillars of Destiny, there is a particular module known as or something like " What career suits me ?"
Based on a person's Ba Zi or Eight Characters, Ba Zi or Pillars of Destiny theory/concept can classify each person as:
A. Career with Wealth
B. Career with Power and Authority
C. Suitable career.
In fact, at Geomancy.net, http://www.geomancy-online.com, the module name is : " What career suits me ? " and provides an analysis of the above based on one's element.
For example, is a Strong Wood element person:-
His career with wealth:
Earned wealth is Earth element
Unexpected wealth is Earth element
Since Earth represents the person's wealth, this means that a job representing this element would bring this person wealth.
It also gives the type of career relating to earth element e.g. civil engineering, clothing, construction, customer relations, farming.
Career with Power & Authority
This is also highlighted. And it is interesting to note that in the past, the Chinese are already aware of a career that creates wealth and a career that brings in Power and Authority for the person. For example, of power and authority could be the CEO, General Manager or other high positions. In Ba Zi this can be descibed as coming under Authority and determination. Thus for say a person with Strong Wood element such a career is represented by Metal element. Such as a carrier in entertainment, finance, hardware, investment, jewelry, loans, management consultancy, mechanical engineering, etc...
I will not go further into it.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

THanks a lot and Happy New
Year!!!

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net