About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Bedroom above the kitchen

jk

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Chan,
In my opinion, this is more of a `modern' concept and has to do with commonsense:
1. In a modern home, although we may have lots of electrical items; the kitchen has a further element e.g. the stove.
So, in terms of chances of a fire starting, the most likelyhood or probability comes from the kitchen.
2. As we all are aware; that should a fire occur; the chances are it will rise up to the second level i.e. the heat may become intense on the ceiling which is also sharing with the upper floor.
If one do not cook in the kitchen often or if so, all inflamable items are kept properly.
And nowdays one can also purchase smoke detectors. If these detectors are loud enough, they can be placed in the ground level.
In Singapore, there is an ACE a US hardware departmental store at Novena Square that sells a few models of such detectors.
3. Similiarly, in more modern Feng Shui, it was felt that children should not sleep on the opposite wall with the kitchen. The rational is the same. (The fear that a fire may break out). In a ground level house, perhaps, one can invest in such technology e.g. smoke detectors.
4. In Singapore, we read an unfortunate case where, a second owner; both the house and renovated his kitchen cabinets.
A carpenter took out the old kitchen cabinets. And prior to fix the new cabinets; he mounted screw holes near to the `old ones'.
What he did not know of was that there were concealed gas pipe imbeded behind the wall.
5. Subsequently, the gas leaked, and the second owner's son who stayed in the next room - died from this gas which leaked into his room.
6. Apologies, but it is never my intention of scaring anyone. This is a true case had the verdict of `misadventure' was recorded and the carpenter was subsequently fined.
The father of the son; mentioned that he did not blame the carpenter. As, he saw the carpenter, who was called in immediately after the incident; rushed out moments later and sat down crying...
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 1/12/2002 3:11:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil,
I would like to know if a
bedroom on the second floor is
right above the kitchen
downstairs is alright. How
about if the bed is right
above the stove? Thanks for
answering me.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net