About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Front Door Location

Hi:
I seem to be a bit confused as to the ideal location for my front door.
In Survey Your Home, my date of birth falls within the 6 Feb 1951 to 26 Jan 1952 catagory. Being a male, It suggests that the ideal location for my front door should be the Southeast direction.
Now, in "The Complete Illustrated Guide To Feng Shui" by Lillian Too, the book states that for an East House under the Sun name. The front door direction should be the Northwest and the Back door direction should be the SouthEast.
Hopfully someone can clarify the situation.
TIA
Stan

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Stanley,
1. You have asked a very interesting question. In the past, I have mentioned that both `parties' are correct. Only the way it is interpreted. Please see below:-
2. I can certainly confirm that a `Sun' type of house has it's facing at the South-East. In fact, there is nothing wrong with both interpretations i.e. at this site and in Lillian Too's book.
The description used here is based on a person using an ordinary compass (North-South compass). While what Lillian Too described is based on the `original' South-North model i.e. usually based on the Luopan.
3. Therefore, I feel that neither parties are wrong in this situation.
3. What is more important here is that based on your Gua number, you are suppose to be a EAST group person.
3. And an East group person has favourable directions at North, South, East and South-East. Therefore, your main door should be facing South-East as one of the good positions.
4. Contrast this to a West person, whose favourable directions are: West, SW, North-East and North-West. Thus, North-West is not your good direction.
5. Please note however, that under the Eight House Theory, the `sitting' and `facing' directions is always confusing. More importantly, since your personal Gua is `Sun', the most suited house to you is a South-East facing house.
6. When a Luopan (SOUTH to NORTH) orientation is used, for this instance, it is considered as Back = South East and Front = NW (which Lillian Too book is not wrong in this situation). This is in my opinion called the original interpretation.
7. But if we are to use an ordinary compass, your compass direction or the house main door is located at South East.
8. Because of it was felt that the above may mislead people especially those using an ordinary compass or a luopan; this has been redressed under the Flying Star theory.
In the Flying Star theory, we improve on the above by using the term " sitting " position and " facing " position.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 1/13/2002 5:03:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi:
I seem to be a bit confused as
to the ideal location for my
front door.
In Survey Your Home, my date
of birth falls within the 6
Feb 1951 to 26 Jan 1952