About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Cures for Bedroom Over Garage?

myfs_74938

Hi Cecil,
Thank you for your lengthy replies I read your forum daily and my knowledge of Feng Shui increases with each passing day.
I was talking about Feng Shui with a friend of mine and I pointed out to him that his masterbedroom above his garage is not considered good Feng Shui. I don't remember the exact reason why it is negative but I thought it had something to do with not being on a stable foundation. If that is the logic, wouldn't having a masterbedroom on any level of a house other than the first level not be good?
Also, would there be a cure for such a situation? I don't know the severity of this but I'm sure it's not as bad as living at a T or End of a Street.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Ben,
Please see below:-

On 1/28/2002 1:59:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi Cecil,
Thank you for your lengthy
replies I read your forum
daily and my knowledge of Feng
Shui increases with each
passing day.

I am glad that you found the resources onn this website useful.
Yes, in many instances, some of the more `modern' Feng Shui concepts use commonsense approach.
For example, a bedroom above the garage is quite similar to the concept of the bedroom above the kitchen (in some ways):
1. It is similar because, it was felt that in case a vehicle `caught fire' the flames would rise into the bedroom.
As we all know, unless it is a deliberate attempt or arson; the chance of a stationary vehicle catching fire is rare.
2. Concept that there is empty space below e.g. the master bedroom.
With modern construction methods and properly supervised stage(s) of construction; assuming that the house has been properly certified by a competent consultant to ensure that it can withstand the normal weight of loading on the columns; there should no longer be an issue of such a structure ever collapsing.
If the above are addressed properly, I feel that this should be fine.
Although in the Flying Star Theory for Highrise building; each level is said to have a different influence of Qi. For those who are interested to find out what is the significance of your flat or apartment on the different levels; feel free to use the Free Flying Star Highrise Building report at http://www.geomancy-online.com
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

I was talking about Feng Shui
with a friend of mine and I
pointed out to him that his
masterbedroom above his garage
is not considered good Feng
Shui. I don't remember the
exact reason why it is
negative but I thought it had
something to do with not being
on a stable foundation. If
that is the logic, wouldn't
having a masterbedroom on any
level of a house other than
the first level not be good?
Also, would there be a cure
for such a situation? I don't
know the severity of this but
I'm sure it's not as bad as
living at a T or End of a
Street.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Dear Ben,
Further to my earlier comments:-
On a professional level using Compass School Feng Shui:-
There may be a possibility of an inauspicious if the particular sector happens to fall under the " Legal entanglement " sector of the Flying Star Theory.
Worse of all, if there is a combination of two bad stars e.g. #2 and #3. Here, it is best to keep that particular sector QUIET.
Therefore, if this sector happens to require `quiet'; a vehicle moving in and out of this sector may lead to legal implications.
Thus, there are many considerations to take note of.
Thanks for your summary of the key-points I had mentioned earlier on `holistic' Feng Shui.
This is a good or sterling example; why, it is more crucial to use a `holistic' approach towards Feng Shui.
By doing so, we can then cover, not just a myopic view but by using all known theories; and knowing their aims and purpose, set to approach any situation `wisely'.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil
P.S. This is the rationale why I do not favour or like one line questions some users posted here. For example: a question like: Tell me about my fortune. Without doing holistic Feng Shui (assuming to diagnose any problems)... Therefore, I usually leave such questions `unanswered'.

• 17 years later...