About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

How to Feng Shui a Corner House?

myfs_74938

Hi Cecil,
I drive by this house everyday which is located at the corner of a street. I noticed that they used both a bagua on corner of their garage at a 45 degree angle facing out toward the street and a mirror on the side of the house next to a window(on left side looking at the house). I'm very curious as to your comments on their placement of the bagua and mirror. My guess is that they are trying to deflect chi when cars turn into their street.
Based on what I know/learned, from reading this forumn, is that bagua's and mirrors should be placed/located either above windows or doors as that would be an entrance point of negative chi into the house. It's also interesting that the occupants used 2 similiar cures at the front of the house. My guess is that 1 bagua mirror would be sufficient if place above the front window but I'm not sure as this house is at a corner and I've only experienced houses at end of a street/or T. I'm curious as to how you would properly Feng Shui the outside of this house.
See attached.
Thanks

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Ben,
Yes, I had a few years back `documented' a similar case in Singapore.
This house is situated at the junction.
And the owners took great pains in `protecting' their house:-
http://www.geomancy.net/photo/photo1/photo1.htm
Please refer to the above links i.e. Pictures 1 to 5.
I had other pictures, I think I had posted it to the Photo Tours of Interest (with pictures)
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 3/16/2002 3:35:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
1 more attachment,
Notice someone knocked/ran
down the road/stop sign in
front of house. Maybe corner
houses are not considered
auspicious as they are more
vunerable to traffic flow?
But not as bad as at a
T/Intersection.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Dear Ben,
1. Further to what I had mentioned earlier, this house, which is in a good estate has `more elaborate' counter-actions against it being the corner house.
2. The Two Ba Gua mirrors is considered "minimal" by this owner's corner house at Meyer Road, Singapore.
3. Here is a top-view and picture of the house:-
http://www.geomancy.net/events/CDL_FS_Talk/talk_1_slide_45.htm
4. The owner of this house further added high brick walls to his corner house:-
http://www.geomancy.net/events/CDL_FS_Talk/talk_1_slide_46.htm
5. The above is not the end of it. In this picture, one can see a close-up of a symbolic old lamp (to provide light) to the house.
The owner does not light it up but by installing it along the wall, it symbollical means to brighten up the wall area:-
http://www.geomancy.net/events/CDL_FS_Talk/talk_1_slide_47.htm
6. This slide shows the main door is away from the corner of the traffic light:-
http://www.geomancy.net/events/CDL_FS_Talk/talk_1_slide_48.htm
7. In addition of the high walls; lighting; you will notice a warrior with two tall pillars of lions guarding with him the corner of the house:-
http://www.geomancy.net/events/CDL_FS_Talk/talk_1_slide_49.htm
8. In addition to the above, you will notice bushes providing double protection to the brick wall. And there are actually more but not shown clearly i.e. you can see a Ba Gua roof behind or next to the warrior on the right of the picture. The owner also has some other brass figurines.
9. Thus, one can imagine, in Singapore, these are some of the examples or extend that a homeowner would go thru to `protect' or `triple-protect' their homes!
Therefore, it makes the two ba gua mirror you mentioned for the house - minimal as compared to such an elaborate work done.
10. The brick wall is in away also commonsense approach. Especially if it is there to `protect' the house in case, there are accidents along the busy intersection.
11. And should a vehicle veer into the house, at least, the brickwall would offer the first level of protection.
12. Ben, once again many thanks for sharing with us i.e. especially the effort to take the photos.
13. Yes, in some homes, where thre is a corner house and the `frontage of the corner' here is long or exposed, some may place Ba Gua mirrors.
But frankly, no matter how many mirrors one placed: there is always a higher risks of accidents happening at road junctions. And cars, vans / lorries may go out of control.
It is therefore, more prudent to have a solid wall. Or if there are frequent accidents, the government authorites should consider `highway' type of barriers to protect the home. This is a better, than to trust it to Ba Gua mirrors to halt the advance of a run-away vehicle.
*JOKE* maybe, the owner should see the movie SPEED and SPEED 1. To get a sense of moving objects cannot be stopped by a `mirror'.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Ahhh yes, the common sensse approach, and in this case it definately looks like the best approach for this type of corner house indeed. The 2 bagua's pales in comparison to the Meyer house which looks like a Feng Shui Fortress.
Thank you for showing me the extent that one can go into protecting one's house. This seems to be very basic common sense but then again, Feng Shui has a lot to do with common sense and I'll have to keep this in mind along with Shape/Forms, Flying Star and 8 House Theory.
I've started to become much more aware of houses in the neighborhood that practice Feng Shui, using baguas/keiloons etc which is why I had to ask the question "What are they trying to do?" and which is why I took the pictures because a picture can say a thousand words, much more better and accurate than me trying to type and describe a picture/situation. This, for me anyways, is the best way for me to learn, by example.
Side Note:
Visited my tenant, the one at End of Street, the Chinese wife, who was happy with the bagua mirror I put up. She knows it as Chinese Superstition which her mother tells her. She had a story. In Australia, she also lived at a house in a T Junction. Husband is now here in US on work visa. She told me that for an 8 month stretch, her daughters were constantly in ill health, if not one daughter, the other. And she would have to take off time from work, without pay, to care for them. After her mother visited from Hong Kong, she had a bagua sent and she put it up and within a few days, her daughters got well and end of Sickness story. So she was happy to see a bagua on the house. She knows it as Chinese superstition, and I say "Yes that's all it is, if it helps, Great! If not, it doesn't hurt. I dare not elaborate what I know for fear of them leaving. I'm just happy to rent out the house. I also would not live in such a place, now knowing what I know. I asked how she felt about Keiloons and that she must see a lot of them in H.K. She likes them and I offered to put up a pair on the front so now I have to go shopping. I think my luck is starting to change for that house.