About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Windchime good or bad

myfs_80109

Pls help me...
I recently asked a Fengshui master see my flat and he told me to place 3 windchimes in the northern part of my flat (my door is facing south). My wife is uncomfortable with windchime, but the master said that windchime can be used to repel spirits and ghost. he's also has been practising buddhism for quite a long time and has a monk as his master.
But I also read in your article that hanging windchime is bad and attracts spirits.
So, please give me advice on what is right and wrong in your point of view.
Thank you very much

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Yaoliang,
1. Frankly, from my experience, I do come across, clients who have previously being advised by a Feng Shui Master to place windchimes.
2. For this instance, the client was asked to place windchimes on all four corners of the living/dining room.
3. Subsequently, or by coincidence, this client met with problems. And, `damage' control had to be done i.e. undo what was done previously.
4. To this day, I am still quite puzzled by many Feng Shui practitoners who like to recommend windchimes in abundance.
5. Usually the `litmus test' is to relate or try to relate the placement of objects with the Five Elements concept.
Here, a specific element is used to neutralise a sha qi or poison arrow. Or a combination of elements are used to do so.
6. Seriously, maybe you have to ask the Feng Shui Master, what is his/her rationale for you to place 3 windchimes. And specifically ask: what type of windchime:
hollow rod / solid rod?
metal/wood or combination of it? etc..
7. Many of the current practises or fondness of using objects e.g. windchimes etc.. perhaps, is due to supersitition.
8. There is another school of Feng Shui, which is related to buddhism which talks about the eight lucky treasures of Buddha.
9. Here, this school, asks their clients to bury e.g. a plague of the eight treasures before laying the tiles. For example, an eight treasure plague is placed at the front door and at all corners of the house. In my opinion, this is more of a superstition.
10. When I have the opportunity, I would go to the various temples and ask their senior monk/chief, of what relevance (if any) of such placements. Or it is simply just the standalone work of the Feng Shui practitioner.
11. But, presently, I have doubts if any of the monks would advise on such matters as these are considered materalistic objects. Temples do not use them. Therefore, I feel that it is most likely of a commercial interest.
12. Last weekend, I was on my way to a Feng Shui talk.. and Robert pointed to me a monk carrying a handphone etc... Times have changed indeed.
13. In my opinion, therefore, if you can try to contact the Feng Shui Master -- as you have a right to know more of the purpose of placing them.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 3/18/2002 6:22:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Pls help me...
I recently asked a Fengshui
master see my flat and he told
me to place 3 windchimes in
the northern part of my flat
(my door is facing south). My
wife is uncomfortable with
windchime, but the master said
that windchime can be used to
repel spirits and ghost. he's
also has been practising
buddhism for quite a long time
and has a monk as his master.
But I also read in your
article that hanging windchime
is bad and attracts spirits.
So, please give me advice on
what is right and wrong in
your point of view.
Thank you very much

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Dear Yeow Leong,
1. Usually, 6 rod metal (or alumnium hollow rod) windchime can be used as a `cure' against Flying Star sectors which have imbalances such as numeral #5 or a combination of it. Or other sector imbalances
2. Thus, I would assume that your FS practitioner had identified that location or the two sectors i.e. North and North-West as requiring constant metal cure.
3. Where the metal windchime (6 rod) represents "Big metal" is used to constanly hammer on a bad sector.
4. From my opinion, if your house is built under Period 7 i.e. between 1984 to-date; usually (from my own analysis); two areas that can use windchime is East and South.
5. For me, so far, if the house is a Period 7 one, there is no need for e.g. 6 rod metal windchime. Usually, if metal is used 6 metal coins should be used instead. However, it is best to check with the FS practitioner - his rationale for using such a `strong' remedy.
6. It is good that you ask your FS practitoner more about the problem area. If possible, ask him to explain the sector imbalance at that section in relation to the Five elements concept.
7. This is because if he is using Flying Star Feng Shui, each number is related to: strong or weak and one of the elements e.g. Water, Wood, Fire, Earth or Metal.
8. If that sector has #5 or #2 or two or more of it, then, it is a strong candidate for a 6 rod windchime (in particular #5) to constantly hammer the bad earth.
9, Since you are paying for the service; you have a right to know more.
Nowadays, as more of us are knowledgeable in Feng Shui and Five elements etc... as "consumers" we now have the right to find out more. And then, use this as a basis to judge the service. Especially this is best done prior to taking up a service.
For those in the west; the litmus test is much easier. If the FS practitioner will not be able to use Five Elements; we can totally forget about taking up their service. Five element concept is the mininium requirement in everything relating to Feng Shui and divinity methods.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 3/18/2002 10:43:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Thanks a lot!!
He told me to place it in the
north and northwest square and
he told me to use only metal
windchime with 6 rods. What is
this used for?
I will go ask for the
rationale behind, like you
said.