About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Kitchen stove and fridge

myfs_40495

I have a limited space in the kitchen (HDB flat). i understand that I need to have a distance of about 2 feet of more for my stove (fire element) with the sink and fridge (water element). Is there any cure if I can't allocate the required distance for my stove and sink/fridge?. Is it that important to have the distance?.
I also note that my stove nob is pointing towards my main door. Is it OK?. Any cure?

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Yang Ming,
1. In my opinion, even if we are unable to keep a distance of 2 feet or more, it is not a worrying concern, as symbolically, we can still keep smaller distances.
2. In many of the previous queires related to the same topic as yours, there are many people who have also faced same problems and even a distance or gap of a few centremetres is still ok.
3. Depending on your layout plan, where possible the kitchen should not be too close to the door, if the knobs on the stove point towards or out of it.
4. The main objective of this `exercise' is to try and keep the warmth in the home.
It also depends on the compass direction of the kitchen. If the kitchen is situated in the fire direction or South, then it is still ok to have the situation as mentioned by you. The sole purpose is the concept of trying to keep warmth.. in.
If the kitchen is in the north, then, it would be better for the knobs to face skywards. As north is considered a water position and `cold'. Therefore, if your kitchen is not in this location but elsewhere i.e. east, south, west etc... then it is still ok.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 4/11/2002 1:24:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
I have a limited space in the
kitchen (HDB flat). i
understand that I need to have
a distance of about 2 feet of
more for my stove (fire
element) with the sink and
fridge (water element). Is
there any cure if I can't
allocate the required distance