About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Black Hat Feng Shui

myfs_40495

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
1. So far, I have yet to come across a Singapore Feng Shui practitioner using "Black Hat" stuff.
2. First, I believe many Singaporeans would not simply be so gullible to be `conned' by such a person (Black Hat). In fact, so far, I have yet to find a Black Hat practitioner locally or in the Far East. Other than, unfortunately, Lillian Too, who associate herself with some of them.
3. Otherwise, you should personally feel at ease, with the type of Feng Shui practised here.
The only "concern" I feel is the type of knowledge used by various practitioners.
Some Feng Shui practitioners in Singapore only practice the "Eight House" + Shapes and Forms.
And some use Eight House and Flying Star with Shapes and Forms.
In fact, I noticed because of our presence, many Feng Shui practitioners have no choice but to use or include very rudimentary "Ba Zi". To get in par with our full range of audit.
In fact, two years back, a new Feng Shui practitioner had asked me this question " Is it important to use Ba Zi ". Today, she really has no choice but to apply basic chart. It is thru consumer requests that, I feel it is overly good sign that Feng Shui can truly become a holistic method.
4. Therefore, you do not have to worry much of "Black hat" but is good to find out more from the practitioner, the type of school used in his/her practise.
It is the hope that, by doing so, and by insistence of "clients", many local FS practitioners would be forced to continue learning. And not continue with basic methods.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 4/16/2002 4:33:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
I recently have a feng shui
practitioner to evaluate my
HDB flat. How can I find out
if he is practicing Black Hat
(before I ask him directly -
I'm not quite sure he will
answer me).

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Further to what I had mentioned, the characteristic of a Black Hat Sect is:-
1. The use of a Fixed Template much like the Eight Associations or Life Associations Template.
2. Does not use a compass be it an ordinary compass or a luopan to access your house.
3. The Black Hat person simply super-impose a fix template based on the position of the main door. And all the `life associations' fall in place.
Here, you will hear terms like:
various corners:
Fame
Wealth
Helpful people/work
children/creativity/future
family/past
knowlege/spirituality
relationship/marriage
career
Most of the time, the advise is to enhance the various sectors with commercial products.
Unfortunately, this is considered `hocus pocus' "Feng Shui".
And Frankly, as mentioned earlier, one would hardly if ever find such practise in Singapore, Hong Kong or the Far East. Even in Taiwan - the country of origin of Lin Yun, the "founder of this scheme". However, or unfortunately, this type is widespread particularly in the US, Canada or any other countries that has been `contaminated' with it or its following.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

• Staff

Dear Yang Ming,
I like to add that, in my opinion, I am very confident that the "Black Hat" model is not viable in the Far East especially Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong and Taiwan.
This is because, the "Black Hat" is based on a `marketing ploy'.
I feel Black Hat is not viable for the following reasons:-
1. Locally in Singapore, the traditional Feng Shui practitioner does not mix products with their consultation.
2. Since products are readily available in a wide area in Singapore, there is NO REASON for a Feng Shui practitioner to tout such goods.
3. Unlike in the West, where perhaps, some of the products are rarer to find. And usually, some FS practitioners (authentic or otherwise) may bring along various products such as windchimes, coins etc...)
4. In such a situtation, this is where the Black Hat had taken advantage of this situation. And, based on this rationale, this is why, I feel that they had been highly successful in their `marketing ploy'.
5. I was told by many users in the forum, that some of these Black Hat practitioners charge a very low fee. But at the end of the day, you have to buy lots of material goods from them. To enhance the various sectors.
6. This model is thus never viable in a country like Singapore. For example, if one goes to Bugis area (in town), there are lots of shops in that area selling FS goods, enhancers or cures.
7. Likewise, we have our Chinatown area - another area where there are many shops selling such stuffs. Even in locations like Holland Village Shopping Centre.
8. In an audit done for one of my previous client on her father's home and another one for her sister's home, they even were able to purchase the 6 rod wind chimes from Mustapha (Serangoon Road) - a well known Indian retailer in Singapore. One can also go to local HDB (housing board shops) and find lots of such objects all over Singapore. This proves that, there is relatively no value in stocking or overcharging on such objects as the price is `well known'. No one can thus sell a $6 6rod windchime for e.g. Singapore $25. Thus get cheated as a result. Not viable at all.
Therefore, for a scheme that trys to promote material goods, this is a fatal error if they ever come to Singapore shore!
In addition, we never seen any reviews or praise of Black Hat nor "well known" personalities of such sort, televised or broadcast on any of our mass media.
In fact in my opinion, such scheme (Black Hat) is set to fail even before, it can even get started in Singapore.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil