About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Not so 'Feng Shui Friendly Housing

• Staff

WANT TO PARTICIPATE?

Note: All users,

Do you have a scanned image: a picture or layout plan, of what you think are `lousy' houses?

If so, and like to share with everyone, feel free to e-mail it to: support@geomancy.net Appropriate credit will be given to you.

We can learn from each other:)

Cecil Lee

INTRODUCTORY NOTES

1. This page lists out what I personally feel are not so "friendly Feng Shui Apartments". More case studies will be added since many in the forum have come here to learn. What better way to highlight the obvious - especially poor Shapes and Forms. This site is focused on Applied Feng Shui and we prefer to give real life examples or situations for you to have a better feel. You can be a student of architecture, a person interested in owning a `good' home or simply someone curious with Feng Shui.
2. To be fair, I normally list out the rationale as to why, I do not like the particular development. It could be because of just the location or site or the layout plan or all three situations that are not ideal especially to Shapes and Forms Feng Shui.
3. In addition, it does not mean that ALL projects by the specific developer are `lousy'. It simply means that only that particular development (in my opinion) is not Feng Shui friendly. Nor, is it an attempt to `black mark' any developers.

4. I must emphasise that it is my personal opinion and my reputation at stake here. And, in line with this learning forum, I hope to provide a transparent view based specifically on Shapes and Forms Feng Shui.

5. If you ask me, I personally would place a high weightage on Shapes and Forms Feng Shui.

6. Here, it is similar to the concept of a leak. If one bought a leaking ship, even if the interior is excellent to the owner is but only a myopic view.
7. It is like living in a house, and oblivious to the external enviroment which may be crumbling outside.
8. Therefore, I must emphaise again that this section is not to `pick' on any developer. Since no two sites or layouts are identical, there will always be homes with different designs. And whether, general Shapes and Form Feng Shui are taken into consideration or not.
10. For the Developer, if you do not like to hear anything `bad' about your development, then, in the future, try to avoid building these type of homes again.

11. As you are the consumer, I leave it entirely to you to make the final or ultimate decision whether to buy as a new or resale in some of these developments. The choice is yours.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Case Study 1 Condo Name: Regent Grove
Developer: Far East Organisation
URL for layout plans: http://www.fareast.com.sg/mainpage.asp?LeaseSale=Sale&page=FloorPlan&Cat=Residential&id=39
MY COMMENTS:
I had visited the site several years back when a client asked me to meet him at there sales office located on site during the initial sales launch. I shook my head, when I saw the same layout plan in the sales brochure. I immediately, told my clients to `forget' totally about this development. We left soon afterwards and never spoke about this development.
Recently, there were a few enquires which I received. As the main draw was the walking distance to the MRT station. I said "Not worth" look somewhere else.
Take a look at the sample layout plans (under the above URL link), Particularly Type C3 and C5, it is considered very inauspicious to have the toilets next to the main entrance.
For units Type B's it is in the form of a `butterfly shape' signifying short-life. Butterflys only live up to 2 weeks.
In addition, if one looks carefully, most of the units in this same layout have their toilets close to the centrepoint and especially Type C5 has both toilets at the main entrance and close to the centrepoint.
No wonder, in my opinion, many of the units are still left unsold. TOP sometime in late 2000.
The only plus point: Walking Distance to Yew Tee MRT... Otherwise, my recommendation: Do'nt Buy!

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Name of Project/Condo: Sandy Palm
No. of apartments: 48, 4 storey apartments
Tenure of land: 99 years lease
Developer: LCD Property Pte Ltd

Overall, In my opinion, I personally give this condo thumbs down as all 48 apartments have toilet positions close to or exactly at the centrepoint.
I feel that money could be better spent finding another property.
In the next installment, I will include the layout plan of this development and go thru, what I feel is bad layout.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil Lee

• Staff

Sandy Palm Condominium
Attached please find two sample layout plans from this newly launched condominium project.
In fact, the layout plans from this condominium can be summarised under the above two sample layout plans. Since, all units are identical.
BAD TOILET AND KITCHEN / STOVE POSITION
This condominium is really not worth considering as you can find out from the layout plan that not only is the toilet is at the centrepoint but it is doubly inauspicious since the kitchen / stove location is sharing the same wall as the toilet.
Here, anyone staying in such a home would be plagued with financial problems.
From the layout, it is hard to cure such a home since, one cannot simply change the toilet location although it is still quite possible to change the stove.
A VERY UNFRIENDLY FENG SHUI INTERIOR
In my opinion, the developers are literally shooting themselves in their foot!
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Development: Robertson 100
Developer: MCL Land
Type of Development: Condominium 186 units
URL of MCL Land:
http://www.mclland.com.sg/property/dreamhomes/robertson/default.asp

Overall, the External Shapes and Forms: plot of land is acceptable.
However, in my opinion, do check where the toilet locations are especially for Type C's and Type B's.
From what I have seen, for Type C's majority of the layout plans have toilets at the centrepoint/close to the centrepoint of the unit(s).
For Type B's e.g. Type Be's, there are significant missing corners.
Sample of bad layouts of this development are attached below.
Recommendation: It is no point having acceptable external Shapes and Forms.
Where possible, try to avoid purchasing units with toilets at the centrepoint and be careful of units with significant missing corners.

• Staff

Development: Cashew Hill (Landed property)
Tenure of Land: 999 Years
URL: http://www.fareast.com.sg/mainpage.asp?LeaseSale=Sale&page=Features&Cat=Residential&id=455
Attached please find a sample of Cashew Hill's Layout.
Basically, the toilet bowl is not above the main entrance. The bath tub is. And the entire toilet is above the main entrance. (Not too comforting thought thou).
Warmest Regards,
Cecil
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

• Staff

Development: Duman View Condominium
Two Tower Blocks: Tower 1 and Tower 2
URL: http://www.fareast.com.sg/mainpage.asp?LeaseSale=Sale&page=LocationMap&Cat=Residential&id=26
Tower 1 is the larger block comprising 5 unit/blocks. While Tower 2 has 4 unit/blocks
Many of the units may require a screen. So that qi does not enter from the main entrance in a straight line towards the balcony window(s) area.
A Typical C unit e.g. Type C4, shows such a straight sha qi. And this unit also has toilet at the centrepoint.
Fortunately, not all units have toilet(s) at the centrepoint.
Wealth retention for the entire plot is a question mark. Since there is a `leak' of wealth from the main entrance (out) directly to the back of the plot of land.
Overall, this development can be given a miss, you have not considered it already.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Today, 26 June 2002, I passed by this condominium.
On the upper decks of the car park of Regent Grove Condominium (along Choa Chu Kang Drive), there is a banner stating that `choice units' are still available.
It is `odd' that despite it's TOP (temporary Occupational permit) was in 2000. This was two years ago. And that it is just walking distance to Yew Tee MRT, there are still no takers.
The recommendation is: Avoid looking at this site like the plague!
(Developer: Orchard Parade Holdings Ltd & Yeo Hiap Seng Ltd). Tenure: 99 years. Total of 553 units.