Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
Please see below:-

On 5/12/2002 5:36:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Mr Lee
Does the colour brown belongs
to earth or wood element?

By definition, brown (and green) belongs to the wood element.
For example, oak, teak, american cherry wood (dark or light) etc.. belong to the wood element in lieu that their colour is brown.
Where it comes to pine, it is still wood element but an experienced Feng Shui practitioner would ask their clients to avoid this type of material i.e. pine ( sold in IKEA ) as it resembles closer to `yellow' or earth element.
Therefore, if in doubt, a FS practitioner would normally, try to advise their clients to go more for other popular wook grains such as teak and the popular cherry wood type of colour.

If I have a wooden furniture
painted in red, does this
furniture belongs to wood or
fire element?

1. For most shapes, colour takes precedence over the form. Thus, a wooden furniture painted red would represent the Fire element (red, purple or pink).
2. However, for `unusual shapes' or a pyramid type of object, the form precedes the colour. Thus, even if the pyramid object e.g a clock mounted on a pyramid should still be considered a Fire element because of it's pointed shape even if say it is black or white in colour.
3. It is never wise to post such a question in say an open forum. Here, the argument on the above would never end.
4. In my opinion, what I mentioned, therefore is based on my personal experience. I would say it is a `fair view'.
5. But, some FS practitioners may not agree with the view. I really cannot help it if they have their own comments.
6. Ultimately, you have to come to your own conclusions.
7. I find that if it is a small object e.g. a piece of decorative table clock encased in a pyramid form, it has miminal influence or very secondary type of Feng Shui.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net