About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Love Birds, Breadwinner & Narrow lot

jennan

thank you in advance for your expertise and consideration in helping everybody with feng shui advice.
1] i've read somewhere that it's bad luck to have birds inside the house. is it true?
2] pardon my ignorance, what number does the Grand Duke represents and where is it located this year/month?
3] i will be building a house. my parents don't work nor have source of income so i stand as the breadwinner but working in another country. in this case, whose Kua No. shall i base the design of the house/door for best direction - my father? fortunately, my parents, me & my sister are all Eastern types except for my daughter who is Western.
4] the floor area of the house will be 5 (W) x 12 (L), it's a very narrow lot. how do i divide it for feng shui studies - like a pie or 9 squares?
5] is it ok to have the main door at the side (middle) of the long narrow house instead of the front (frontage is only 4.5m wide)?

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
Please see below:-

On 6/11/2002 12:49:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
thank you in advance for your
expertise and consideration in
helping everybody with feng
shui advice.
1] i've read somewhere that
it's bad luck to have birds
inside the house. is it true?

In my opinion, this has to do more with `beliefs' than Feng Shui.
Perhaps, I need to side track abit:-
Overall, the most popular `bird' is the mystical bird i.e. Phoenix.
In Chinese culture, a wedding card will inevitably have a phoenix (representing) female and dragon (male) symbol representing this union of couples.
The other more popular symbolic birds are: the egale, pheasant, swallow, crane and magpie.
Now coming to `birds'. Sorry, if sound crude but the Mandarin worn for bird or `niao' is `penis'. (Once again, apologies - but this is true!)
There was a time when Nissan cars came up with a model called " Blue Bird ". Here, many Chinese especially call this car " Lan ciao " or Blue penis (blue bird). This model was thus not very popular or had fewer sales than Nissan's " Sunny ".
Once again, please accept my sincere apologies on this real case study.
Overall, unless one is a bird lover, therefore, birds are not ideal pets. Especially since they are kept in cages. And to many people, seemed a cruel thing to do.
In fact, some Chinese do buy e.g. doves and set them free.

2] pardon my ignorance, what
number does the Grand Duke
represents and where is it
located this year/month?

Grand Duke (represents the planet Jupiter). It is said that such a large planet has a large magnetic field.
For this horse year it is located at 180 degrees (SOUTH).
Here, Grand Duke is sitting South facing North.
The idea is not to `disturb' or `touch him' at South.
Since the animal sign Horse (South) is loggerheads with Rat (North); the North is considered as the 3 Killings location.
And at the 3 killings location (North), this year, it is best not to do any renovations here.

3] i will be building a house.
my parents don't work nor have
source of income so i stand as
the breadwinner but working in
another country. in this case,
whose Kua No. shall i base the
design of the house/door for
best direction - my father?
fortunately, my parents, me &
my sister are all Eastern
types except for my daughter
who is Western.

The most important consideration is based on Shapes and Forms Feng Shui (exterior: landscape, site, land).
After this, then see where each family member fits. And also, eqaully important the shapes and forms of the interior

4] the floor area of the house
will be 5 (W) x 12 (L), it's a
very narrow lot. how do i
divide it for feng shui
studies - like a pie or 9
squares?

The main consideration is the plot of land and try to make it as rectangular as possible.
Feel free to check out reasonably priced International Off-site audit (for more information) at:-http://sg.geomancy.net/consultation/consult-home/offsite-consultation.htm

5] is it ok to have the main
door at the side (middle) of
the long narrow house instead
of the front (frontage is only
4.5m wide)?

Yes, the main door can be at the side of the house. And it is common to have it at this location. But, the main consideration is that everything should fit in nicely.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net