About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

8-house sectors

myfs_84991

I am completely new to the subject of Feng Shui. I have read the free lessons and received some of the free reports. I have a few questions:
1) When using the 8-house analysis, should I draw the sectors as wedges of a pie radiating out from the center, or should I make 9 rectangles? I am a little confused. The 2 different possibilities give different results regarding what is included in each sector.
2) In your replies to others, you said that the shapes and forms have 50% importance, the 8-house has 25% importance, and the Flying Star has 25% importance. Also you said that if you have to choose between location in a sector vs. facing direction, the location is more important. Do I apply these 2 rules for the house as a whole and also within the individual rooms?
3) If all the family members use one thing (the computer) and there is a conflict of good locations and directions for different family members, how do you resolve this? The best and good sectors of my son and myself are NE, NW, W, and SW. The best and good sectors of my husband, daughter, and grandson are N, E, SE, and S. The biggest users of the computer at home are my son and my husband, and I also use it but I spend more time at the computer at work than at home. My daughter uses it sometimes.
Thank you,
Miriam Davis

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Miriam,
Please see below:-

On 8/22/2002 2:30:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
I am completely new to the
subject of Feng Shui. I have
read the free lessons and
received some of the free
reports. I have a few
questions:
1) When using the 8-house
analysis, should I draw the
sectors as wedges of a pie
radiating out from the center,
or should I make 9 rectangles?
I am a little confused. The 2
different possibilities give
different results regarding
what is included in each
sector.

In fact, both the 9 rectangles or 9 grids and the pie chart are roughly the same.
But from practical experience, it is much easier to use a pie chart radiating out from the centre.

2) In your replies to others,
you said that the shapes and
forms have 50% importance, the
8-house has 25% importance,
and the Flying Star has 25%
importance. Also you said
that if you have to choose
between location in a sector
vs. facing direction, the
location is more important.
Do I apply these 2 rules for
the house as a whole and also
within the individual rooms?

If one is new to Feng Shui, one should never in a hurry to apply it.
You can compartmentalise Feng Shui. Feng Shui is all about luck. And the key success factor is to try to improve luck in all areas.
For interior of the home, it is best to have good shapes and forms e.g. the good positioning of the bed based firstly on Shapes and Forms. After this, apply the Eight House.
For those who want to go further can apply the Flying Star to look at any imbalances in a sector. For example, if one is frequently sick in a house, most likely, the bedroom is in a bad sector.

3) If all the family members
use one thing (the computer)
and there is a conflict of
good locations and directions
for different family members,
how do you resolve this? The
best and good sectors of my
son and myself are NE, NW, W,
and SW. The best and good
sectors of my husband,
daughter, and grandson are N,
E, SE, and S. The biggest
users of the computer at home
are my son and my husband, and
I also use it but I spend more
time at the computer at work
than at home. My daughter uses
it sometimes.

It is like the `problem' of the overhead beam. If no one is sitting below it, there is really no harm.
Even if one is under a beam, one must be under the beam for more than 2 hours, per day, per month, per year to have negative influence.
By all means share the PC. More importantly, under the Eight House, do check on the intangible force affecting the bedroom area. This is more crucial. And that each room fits the Ba Zi of each family member or partner(s)
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Thank you for your reply.
Regarding drawing the sectors, our unit is an elongated rectangle, so there is a difference if I draw wedges or 9 rectangles. For instance, according to the 9 rectangles all of my son's room is in the south, whereas by the wedges radiating from the center at least half of it is in the southwest.
My question about the computer was, how to decide in which sector to put it and which direction it should face, if the different users have different good or bad sectors or directions? Should I make it best for the person who spends the most hours at it? Or for the person who is in charge of technical maintenance and knows the most about it?
Thank you
Miriam