About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Stairs(partial)facing main door

myfs_84344

Hi Cecil,
I live in a townhouse. My main door is facing the beginning of the stair case. Theres about six stairs which you can see on the corner area of where the stairs meet I have a plant. Then you have to turn right to continue going up the stairs(these stairs can't be seen from the front door because there's a wall. Attached i have included a diagram of what the entrance looks like. Please advise on what I can do to help me. Also, I was thinking about putting a mirror I have along the wall where the main door is and where the stairs start. Right above where a have love seat just like i mentioned on the diagram. Should I move my couch from there. Is it ok to mirror along that wall. I read that having a main door facing stairs is bad feng shui. please help....

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Ana,
Please refer to the attached.
In my opinion, the love seat is inappropriate to screen the main door from the staircase.
It is best that a screen be used between the main door and the staircase. So long as the stairs is not seen, this will no longer become a threat.
A few months ago, I encountered a case where my client redo the second level such that the staircase faces the main door. This is not healthy.
Ever since, they had done so, and with other problems i.e. main door facing windows, these lead to many leaks in the home. The end result is that they continously face finacial problems.
Generally, a mirror at the staircase landing (say at Marking `C' under the attachment)is acceptable as it aids Qi flow. But, placing a mirror or mirrors (e.g. at Marking `B') can have a double edged sword: If the location is bad, it can bounce back twice the bad luck! Flying Star Feng Shui is usually used in conjuction to determing whether it is good or bad to do so.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 9/19/2002 7:46:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi Cecil,
I live in a townhouse. My main
door is facing the beginning
of the stair case. Theres
about six stairs which you can
see on the corner area of
where the stairs meet I have a
plant. Then you have to turn
right to continue going up the