About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Balconies

myfs_87066

I live on the top floor of a 5 story condo building. I have three questions. 1; When dividing the condo into the nine areas, do I include the balcony that runs along the entire street side of the unit? 2; Is the main entrance considered the front door to the building itself, or the one to my particular unit? and 3; Is there an area to this site or others that deal specificly with condos?
Thank you

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Jonathan,
In Feng Shui, one can either access one's unit or the entire facing of the unit's block (or frontage).
Usually, for a unit such as yours, it is best to look at your main door only and not the building's main entrance.
Please see below:-

On 10/28/2002 4:45:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
I live on the top floor of a 5
story condo building. I have
three questions. 1; When
dividing the condo into the
nine areas, do I include the
balcony that runs along the
entire street side of the
unit?
Some condos have a balcony that protudes out of the unit. In such a case, it should not be taken into consideration. (Attached please find an illustration showing what is meant by this. Note: Picture Not applicable - if you are participating thru newsgroup or e-mail - need to login to view picture).

But, if your balcony forms part or is " within " the house, then it should be taken into the 9 grid.

2; Is the main entrance
considered the front door to
the building itself, or the
one to my particular unit? and
As mentioned earlier, usually, the main door of the unit is taken into consideration. This is often the case.
However, another alternative method used. For example, an alternative is the balcony area, plus the windows along this row or we say the side that has the brightest light coming thru the window in the house. Imagine here that (your condo unit is at the ground level) and the frontage or most light that comes into the house is usually where your main door is location. This is as you had mentioned, much like taking the reading for the building. The only difference here is that, we apply Flying Star Feng Shui in this instance. And, often, the Eight House is not used in this instance.
3; Is there an area to this
site or others that deal
specificly with condos?

You can do a search for the word " condo " and there are many case studies especially under the conference: Photo Tours of Interest (with pictures).
You should be able to find several resources on condos.
Do use the SEARCH feature in this forum to narrow down your search field.
If you have any layout plan that you want to upload; feel free to do so. The resources on condos, is also based on questions posted to this forum.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net