About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Pie chart

myfs_84742

Dear Cecil,
I am still not sure in something. Well, I saw in one book (exactly, I saw that in many different book): when somebody's door look South (for example), he put that direction in the middle of the pie (or Lo shu square-grid)without taking care that door are totaly in the right corner of the apartment.
I thought that I should put South direction in that corner, and then I go with SW, W... Simply, does door direction always go in a middle on the bottom (with their own compas direction)line of grid or pie?
Thanks in advance,
Dragana

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
One way of looking at landed property is to find the frontage of the house. (Or the location with most light coming in)
Since this is the frontage or the `entrance' area in such a situation, a grid, with say the main door drawn at the middle can be superimposed on this layout plan.
Do note that, an ordinary compass is still required to find the North/South direction so that an appropriate template can be laid on it.
In Flying Star Feng Shui, if one notice it carefully, majority of the 24 directional charts or 24 mountains (directions) are almost similar for each period.
Thus, IN GENERAL not a major issue whether to take the compass reading from e.g. centrepoint to the house or the compass reading of the frontage. For example, under Period 7 (1984 to 2003), majority of locations in the house facing East has Misfortune/sickness #5 while South has #2 for nearly all Period 7 templates.
Therefore, if we can roughly call this "the margin of error". The only major difference is that the interpretations under the eighty-one combinations should not be relied upon since this varies with each of the 24 directions of the Flying Star.
Thus no matter if one moves the `main door' to the middle of one of the grids, one muststill align this template to North-South and East-West.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil
PS. Please refer to the attachment below on the two methods of compass reading(s) based on the frontage of a building/landed property

On 10/31/2002 6:18:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil, I am still not sure in something. Well, I saw in one book (exactly, I saw that in many different book): when somebody's door look South(for example), he put that direction in the middle of the pie (or Lo shu square-grid)without taking care that door are totaly in the right corner of the apartment. I thought that I should put South direction in that corner, and then I go with SW, W... Simply, does door direction always go in a middle on the bottom (with their own compass direction)line of grid or pie? Thanks in advance, Dragana

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net