About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Main door facing the kitchen door

myfs_87026

I have heard that the main door should not face directly at the kitchen door due to the Flow of "Qi" will quickly flow out through the back door. To prevent this, there should be a wall in between to enhance circulation in the house.
The question now is that, is it really need a wall or can it be replaced by other types, eg: screen or divider. If it is possible, is it enough just to block the view of the kitchen door once i entered from the main door?
Also, will the "hu lu" play a part by hanging at the window in the back door to reduce the quick outflow of "Qi"?
Furthermore, from your article, i read that the "Pa Kau" with the mirror in the middle can also used to cure the straight Flow of "Qi", but it did not indicate where should i hang the "Pa Kau".

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Patrick,
Please see below,

On 10/31/2002 10:29:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
I have heard that the main
door should not face directly
at the kitchen door due to the
Flow of "Qi" will quickly flow
out through the back door. To
prevent this, there should be
a wall in between to enhance
circulation in the house.

Basically, qi (beneficial qi) must not flow in a straight line from the main door (directly) right to the back of the house.
For the kitchen, in addition to the above, itis very inauspicious to have the kitchen door face the main door - especially if utensils such as forts and knifes are vissible from the kitchen towards the main door.
In addition, if there is a wall to screen the back from the front, it must not be a half wall. The wall should preferably cover the entire door.

The question now is that, is
it really need a wall or can
it be replaced by other types,
eg: screen or divider. If it
is possible, is it enough just
to block the view of the
kitchen door once i entered
from the main door?

Yes, a screen or divider can be used. For a divider, it should preferably be `air-tight'. Not pigeon hole type of divider.
For a divider, it can also have - bottom e.g. wooden cabinet and top i.e. glass framed by an outline of wood. This is good if the house is North-South direction. As little light flows thru to allow as much natural light to flow thru the apartment main door.

Also, will the "hu lu" play a
part by hanging at the window
in the back door to reduce the
quick outflow of "Qi"?

The hu lu is an authentic Feng Shui tool. But normally, it may not be as effective as a screen or divider. It should normally be used e.g. the entrance to the kitchen rather than say at the back door area. Or at the middle location.

Furthermore, from your
article, i read that the "Pa
Kau" with the mirror in the
middle can also used to cure
the straight Flow of "Qi", but
it did not indicate where
should i hang the "Pa Kau".

A ba gua mirror MUST never be used inside a house. It should be used facing outwards of the house.

can also used to cure
the straight Flow of "Qi",
This statement is incorrect when looking at the use of the Ba gua mirror if it is inside of the house.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Dear Cecil,
Can you define, what can be a screen (i.e what material)
For instance can a plastic / cloth screen running the entire length of the kitchen door, can evade the inauspicious effect of the "Kitchen Door" facing the "Main Door".
The problem is that I have a one room flat, where I do not have any leverage to do any structural alteration.
Kind Regards,
A. Vincent