About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

wind chimes

myfs_84991

I went to look for wind chimes to hang in one of the windows. You have said that they should be with 6 metal rods. In one store, all the wind chimes had different numbers of rods, but not six. Very many of them had 5 rods. In another store, I found a wind chime with six squares of blue glass arranged around a central metal rod. The squares are each hung by one corner on a nylon thread, with a small round bead above that corner. The squares are hung from a circle at the top, on different lengths of nylon thread. All the elements are in blue.
If I hang this in a north-facing window on the border between the NW sector (8m, 4w, 8b) and the N sector (4m, 9w, 3b), is this ok?
Miriam

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Miriam,
As a last resort, if one really (really) unable to obtain a 6 rod hollow windchime, then, no choice, one can still use other windchimes especially if they are metallic e.g. hollow brass rod or hollow aliminium rods.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 11/4/2002 12:39:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
I went to look for wind chimes
to hang in one of the windows.
You have said that they should
be with 6 metal rods. In one
store, all the wind chimes had
different numbers of rods, but
not six. Very many of them
had 5 rods. In another store,
I found a wind chime with six
squares of blue glass arranged
around a central metal rod.
The squares are each hung by
one corner on a nylon thread,
with a small round bead above
that corner. The squares are
hung from a circle at the top,
on different lengths of nylon
thread. All the elements are
in blue.
If I hang this in a
north-facing window on the
border between the NW sector
(8m, 4w, 8b) and the N sector
(4m, 9w, 3b), is this ok?
Miriam

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

What I wondered was, if most of the parts are made of glass (only one metal rod, and the rest are glass squares), does this make it more similar to the water element? Especially since it is in a blue color? Do the six glass squares represent the metal element because of the number 6? Would it be better to buy this style of wind chime in the purple color (fire element) so as not to add too much water to the wood elements 3 and 4 found in this sector? Or is the blue color ok because water and metal go together?
If I bought one of the chimes with metal rods but not having the right number of rods (having, say, 3, 4 or 5 rods) what would be the effect of that? What is preferrable?
Miriam