About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Mirror in Living Hall

myfs_79164

Help,
I read somwhere that mirror in the living hall will actually help in bring 'wealth' but just read in another website that mirror in the living hall is not good at all. I have a mirror in my living hall cum dining hall facing the window. Although it is full length but it is made up of many smaller pieces. Please advise.
Penny

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Ai Ling,
1. In my opinion, some websites may not be too familar with Chinese culture.
2. In fact, many of the `English' speaking Feng Shui practitioners especially if they originate from Hong Kong or learned from a Hong Kong master usually look kindly to mirrors especially in the dining room.
3. The rationale is because, majority of the Feng Shui Masters in Hong Kong are from the Cantonese dialect group. And they or their forefathers originate from Canton in China.
4. For the Cantonese dialect group, many have the belief that a mirror (full mirror) at the dining room can `multiply' food or symbollically have abundance of food on the table.
5. In my opinion, perhaps, many practitioners even if they are Chinese or immigrants to US or Canada, may not understand the above significance of the Cantonese belief.
6. But it is best not to anyhow place a mirror for the following reasons:-
6.1 A mirror at a wrong location may bounce back twice the bad luck.
6.2 Too many mirrors all over the place may not necessarily be good as qi flow tend to be deflected.. good or bad depending on the distance of each wall etc...
6.3 In my country, where majority of the population stay in an apartment, many contractors cannot bring in a single piece of mirror to cover the entire wall.
7. In such a siuation: AVOID, having two mirrors of the same size hung on the wall. This two mirrors are thus joined together to complete the full mirror at a specific location.
8. This is inauspicious. Because, if one stands at the middle of the wall with a mirror, one can see a split of the person/body. And this symbolises a `divorce' or `spilt.
9. In such a situation, it is best instead to order 3 pieces for this mirror. Thus the centre piece should be the largest that can fit into the lift/elevator. And two other smaller sized mirrors are used.
When the entire full mirror is installed, this will become a three piece mirror.
10. Under the Yin and Yang concept, anything that is even number e.g. 2, 4, 6, 8 etc.. is considered yin. While 1, 3, 5, 7 or any odd number is considered yang.
Thus, mirror is often considered as yin. And, this is balanced by e.g. say a three piece mirror or (yang).
In your case, it is still ok to have many smaller pieces. This is better than a two piece mirror.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 11/18/2002 9:30:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Help,
I read somwhere that mirror in
the living hall will actually
help in bring 'wealth' but
just read in another website
that mirror in the living hall
is not good at all. I have a
mirror in my living hall cum
dining hall facing the window.
Although it is full length but
it is made up of many smaller
pieces. Please advise.
Penny

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Dear Master Cecil,

What about small mirrors that are not full length but place together (e.g. 6 pieces x 4 pieces) to form?a full length mirror? Is it true that if a person stand in front of these mirror, one would be 'cut up' thus it is not favourable to have such mirrors?

Ai Ling

• Staff

Dear Ai Ling,
In my opinion, this is not so bad as compared to two equal mirrors that totally `split' a person into two.
So far, I have yet to come across any major problems with what you had mentioned.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 11/20/2002 10:09:50 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Master Cecil,
What about small mirrors that
are not full length but place
together (e.g. 6 pieces x 4
pieces) to form?a full length
mirror? Is it true that if a
person stand in front of these
mirror, one would be 'cut up'
thus it is not favourable to