About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Chapter 10 Choice of Site

myfs_80621

Dear Cecil,
Thank you for having this wonderful forum and wealth of resource here. I read from a feng shui book that trapezoid lot is not favorable because of the bottleneck shape making it difficult for qi to flow in. But it has a thumbed up as favorable site for dwelling in your chapter 10. Will you please elaborate on this?
Another question that I would like to know is what is your take on having a golf course at lower elevation in the back of your property?
Thank you kindly for your advise.
Sincerely
Tammy

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Tammy,
1. Thank you for your e-mail.
2. In Chapter 10, Page 89, I have two sets of illustrations.
3. In the first set (row) of illustration, I mentioned that it is acceptable to have a plot of land in the shape of a specific trapezoid.
4. In which, I drawn the illustration of the front of the trapezoid (narrower at the frontage but wider at the back).
5. In the next illustration, I also showed another trapezoid, but in this situation, the frontage of this trapezoid is wider than the back.
6. Therefore, one should take note that:
6.1 The term used is `acceptable' but not necessarily ideal situation.
This suggests that if one already has such a plot of land proper advise on layout based on Feng Shui can be used to neutralise such a situation.
6.2 Perhaps the book you read did not distinguish where is the frontage of the trapezoid. Or simply give a very general statement.
6.3 If one looks carefully at these two illustrations under this page, one can find an arrow for each shape. This arrow symbolises the frontage of the plot of land.
6.4 And by now, you would have found that it does make a difference (in real life situations) where the frontage is in relation to e.g. the trapezoid.
In my opinion, this is as common as saying that SW = romance sector for everyone.
It is buying a car but realising that the steering wheel is at the boot of the car.
The idea here is that a little knowledge is a dangerious thing.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 11/19/2002 11:03:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil,
Thank you for having this
wonderful forum and wealth of
resource here. I read from a
feng shui book that trapezoid
lot is not favorable because
of the bottleneck shape making
it difficult for qi to flow
in. But it has a thumbed up
as favorable site for dwelling
in your chapter 10. Will you
please elaborate on this?
Another question that I would
like to know is what is your
take on having a golf course
at lower elevation in the back
of your property?
Thank you kindly for your
advise.
Sincerely
Tammy

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Dear Cecil,
I thank you for your quick response. I did take note of your 2 sets of illustrations and the frontage of the lot and did understand that acceptable does not mean favorable. I was relieved when I tumbled to your website and to see the illustrations in your Chapter 10 - that narrower front/wider back w/ front house facing narrow front is not categorized as unfavorable like the one book I read. That book does make the distinction. It presents such a lot as unfavorable but it does draw a house sitting right along the narrow front ie. along the street.
Would you please explain a little more on this frontage relation to the trapezoid (item 6.4 above of your reply) for me?
I thank you again for your advice and appreciate your taking time to explain some very elementary concept to me.
Sincerely,
Tammy