About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Protusions of bay windows

jennan

hi Cecil,
your website has improved tremendously better. congratulations!
our apartment has 3 bay windows all located on one side. are they considered protrusions or indents?
what is your opinion about bay or box windows, are they auspicious or inauspicious?
is having a staircase on a balcony leading up to the roof deck auspicious or not?
thanks
jen

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
1. Usually if the area of the protrusion is greater than 33.3 per cent of a sector, this is considered as a protrusion.
Note: it is best to divide your interior unit into 9 equal grids or rectangle.
2. From what you had described, it does not seem to be a protrusion nor an indent. Even if it is a protrusion, I believe, this is less than 33.3 percent of a specific sector.

what is your opinion about bay
or box windows, are they
auspicious or inauspicious?

3. More importantly, is the qi flow within the home.
4. Personally, I find that if one uses the right plants and "maintains" i.e. trim the plants or if the plants produce flowers, this would indeed be lovely.
(This issue is not Feng Shui but rather, for those who love abit of gardening; there is relatively no harm with these plants.

is having a staircase on a
balcony leading up to the roof
deck auspicious or not?

5. If this stair case is external to the house, there is usually no issue. As it does not directly affect the qi flow within the home. So long as it does not pose as a poison arrow i.e. aimed into the windows.
6. Usually, when we apply Feng Shui, we should always look at the `bigger' picture.
7. And personally, in my opinion, the two issues you brought up is not that major. It is similar to the type of issue as mentioned in the attached caricature. (Not available thru mailing list).
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Dear Users,
This has to do with BELIEFs than Feng Shui:
1. Attached illustration showing that it is inauspicious to use a divider to keep shoes (facing the main entrance door).
2. It is very inauspicious to give a friend a pair of shoes.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil
P.S. Pictures not available for those listening in under the mailing list option.